The Student Room Group

OCR PHYSICS B G491~ 19th May 2015 AM ~ AS Physics

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

last year's G491 was incredibly hard compared to the previous one's, do you think this year's will be harder, easier or on the same level? (I'm retaking)
Original post by Milan20122012
last year's G491 was incredibly hard compared to the previous one's, do you think this year's will be harder, easier or on the same level? (I'm retaking)

Im going to sit this one as part of my AS, it better be easier than the June 2014 paper :frown:
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Im going to sit this one as part of my AS, it better be easier than the June 2014 paper :frown:

I'm not sure which way OCR will go about it, as it the last year for the advancing B qualification, they may throw in the hard stuff or go out on a nice note, who knows with bloody ocr!!!
Original post by Milan20122012
I'm not sure which way OCR will go about it, as it the last year for the advancing B qualification, they may throw in the hard stuff or go out on a nice note, who knows with bloody ocr!!!

I also sit Chemistry with OCR A and last years paper was very hard too. Hopefully they go out in a nice note before the new spec. :smile:
I'm resitting also and wondered if anyone has done the g491 paper from may 2014 and what they thought about the lenses questions as these confused me! Also do you think this years paper will be easier or not? Is this the last year for the G492, G494 AND G495 papers? :smile:
Original post by HennersPD
I'm resitting also and wondered if anyone has done the g491 paper from may 2014 and what they thought about the lenses questions as these confused me! Also do you think this years paper will be easier or not? Is this the last year for the G492, G494 AND G495 papers? :smile:

Also resitting. The last question in last years' paper was ridiculous. And practically impossible given the great amount of thought it required and the time constraint. I think this year's paper will be slightly easier, as I know a lot of teachers were complaining about it when they had that briefing for the new spec some time ago; hopefully OCR officials overheard them.
Original post by razzmataz1478
Also resitting. The last question in last years' paper was ridiculous. And practically impossible given the great amount of thought it required and the time constraint. I think this year's paper will be slightly easier, as I know a lot of teachers were complaining about it when they had that briefing for the new spec some time ago; hopefully OCR officials overheard them.

Let's hope so! How's your revision going for this paper? Feeling confident? :smile:
Original post by HennersPD
Let's hope so! How's your revision going for this paper? Feeling confident? :smile:

Wish I could say yes but I don't think I'm ever going to feel confident going into this exam, done a few past papers but it just feels like I'm filling myself with false hope. Harder than the A2 papers imo.
Original post by razzmataz1478
Wish I could say yes but I don't think I'm ever going to feel confident going into this exam, done a few past papers but it just feels like I'm filling myself with false hope. Harder than the A2 papers imo.

I completely agree! After last years debacle of a paper I'm really worried for this year! Just hope they'll be kind and give us something nice! :smile:
Reply 11
How is everyone feeling? Thought last year's paper was difficult and have a feeling this year's will be too as the courses are changing...
Original post by MJS107
How is everyone feeling? Thought last year's paper was difficult and have a feeling this year's will be too as the courses are changing...

Heya, I'm going to put this in the physics forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372
You mean G481....?
Reply 14
Original post by LibertyMan
You mean G481....?

No he/she means G491/Ocr B advancing physics
I'm going to fail...
Can anyone give any decent explanation on bandwidth please?? Everything about this exam is driving me insane! Confidence is non-existant for this now too XD
In one of the previous physics threads, I found a few quite promising links including...

http://sam.davyson.com/as/physics/cards/ (This guy is amazing!)
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/A-level_Physics_(Advancing_Physics) (Everyting is split up into their individual parts.)

Hope these help with your revision. I'm really starting to panic about the test.:afraid:
Reply 18
Why isn't this post more active? The exam is soon. I'll get it started: What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like?
Does anyone have any resources to help with resolution and pixel questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending