The Student Room Group

OCR PHYSICS B G491~ 19th May 2015 AM ~ AS Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jirapat121
i got 3.2D

I also got 3.2D..

Edit: Need to get -0.8 from -4 so +3.2D, think..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alex Gerrow
The answer to the first question was negative (the sign was already on the paper)

I was 4.8 if you put u as negative and 3.2 if you put it as positive. I tried both and guessed 3.2 because both measurements were on the same side of the lens but i really don't know...
so it's 3.2 right?
Original post by LJflowrie
I was 4.8 if you put u as negative and 3.2 if you put it as positive. I tried both and guessed 3.2 because both measurements were on the same side of the lens but i really don't know...

I thought it was negative because when you worked it out in the question above, there was a negative sign on the answer already?
Reply 144
what did anyone get for the 2, 3 markers on alloys
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
I thought it was negative because when you worked it out in the question above, there was a negative sign on the answer already?

It probably was to be honest, hopefully i might get one method mark? I was rushing the first page because our invigilators hadn't given us formulae booklets before they started the exam so i didn't have one for the first 5 minutes which was really annoying...
Original post by Alex Gerrow
I got 4.8, but don't think I did very well this year!

I got the same but looking back i think the answer was something negative
Did everyone think it was reasonably hard then? Any ideas on grade boundaries?
I had 4.8 because the negative becomes positive on the other side. I put A for cable and D for crumple zone because it had a large plastic zone and a low youngs modulus, I thought the other plastic alloy would be to stiff.
Original post by MrPenguinPerson
Was that A for the first and D for the second? If so I think I got the same

don't you have to talk about the microstructure of the materials? about dislocations and sliip ?
Reply 150
Original post by jirapat121
don't you have to talk about the microstructure of the materials? about dislocations and sliip ?

Yeah, i talked about how the alloy would pin the dislocations in place and things like that.
Original post by MrPenguinPerson
Was that A for the first and D for the second? If so I think I got the same
yeah it was
I did DAB for the materials. I panicked during the paper and did not properly talk about microstructure.
Original post by Adem192
Yeah, i talked about how the alloy would pin the dislocations in place and things like that.

Yeah it said also to state a reason why you picked it based on the graph and why the material acts this way from the microstructure
The question about the bird frequency was so weird, I don't understand what do they mean by aspects?!?
Loved that potato question, so glad it came up - it was about the only thing I actually revised!
Original post by GabrielSmith1998
I did DAB for the materials. I panicked during the paper and did not properly talk about microstructure.

I didn't talk about microstructure either. I saw that it was 3 marks so i assumed 1 for the choice of alloy and 2 for explaining why (young's modulus, stress, stain, plastic region) so if microstructure is needed its probably only worth 1 mark for each (hopefully anyway)
That was the WORST paper. That's coming from a person who found last year's fine. **** YOU OCR
Reply 158
Original post by Zallin98
Did everyone think it was reasonably hard then? Any ideas on grade boundaries?

Defo between 40-45 for an A. Would be surprised if its was higher than 46 or something.
Original post by LJflowrie
I didn't talk about microstructure either. I saw that it was 3 marks so i assumed 1 for the choice of alloy and 2 for explaining why (young's modulus, stress, stain, plastic region) so if microstructure is needed its probably only worth 1 mark for each (hopefully anyway)

It's 1 mark for correct choice.
1 mark for explaining why it is good for this application
1 mark for explaining the microstructure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending