The Student Room Group

I feel sad

Hello lately I have been feeling sad I try not to be but I just miss my family I want to be with them. I know the uk has good education and i should be thankful to live in England but I miss my family. Also school gives me lots of pressure doing gcse and also I feel like I am not smart enough I feel like I will never achieve anything I try to be optimistic but i feel sad. I asked my mum to spend quality time with me maybe it could cheer me up but she is not bothered she is more interested in her life I guess.Any advice i called my family to speak to them but it is not enough I feel like I am missing important moments when I vista my grandparents we always have a good time I miss them a lot I cannot just go to my home country i am not old enough and i cannot go to uni there either as my english is much better then the language spoken in my home country as I spent most my time here. any advice I try to be happy but I feel lost,stupid I wish everything was different.
Op, firstly don't feel that you aren't smart enough- that alone can make you negative and deflated. I think you should try speaking to your mother, telling her exactly how you feel as she may assume you are happy in this situation. If you still feel like she isn't listening, you could confide in a teacher or friend. If you really feel down, is there any way that perhaps you could move back to your home country? If this is not possible, maybe take some time out to visit your family for as long as you need.
I hope I was of some help, pm me if you need to talk to someone. :smile:
Sorry you feel like that. :frown:

Are you at boarding school, or is your Mum in the UK too? Have you spoken to any teachers about how you are feeling?
Aw, what country are your family from? You never know how things will pan out, you might be able to go to uni there. It's a pretty long way away if you're doing GCSE's. And trust me, you can do them. You speak two languages, that's pretty impressive too by the way! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest