The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Durham College Allocation Thread (for 2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by User:26758

Woah! Cool :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by helenaf
I found out today I've been accepted by Castle as well :smile: what subject?

I also got accepted by Castle! So happy :biggrin: I'm going to study Chemistry, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by Millymd
I also got accepted by Castle! So happy :biggrin: I'm going to study Chemistry, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

International Relations :smile:
Original post by mmccann
Does anybody know anything about st johns?

Yes I'm going there if I get my A*AA!
Original post by J.Fisher1997
What is the reason for reallocation? Just that the college you applied for is full? I've been reallocated to Hatfield from st. Marys and I know nothing about Hatfield:/ (biological sciences)

They make sure each college has a good mix of different subjects; so a college can be full for one subject but have spaces for others.
It's amazing to get a place in my preferred college when you wake up from bed!!!!

St. Chads sent me a letter this morning!!!
Original post by talias
Just got Josephine butler for geography which I applied for? Anyone else?

Same!:redface:
Original post by mmccann
Does anybody know anything about st johns?

For a brief run down (through googling and whatnot):

St John's is one of the smallest colleges, it has around ~300 undergrads in total, some postgrads and a population of people who study/work at Crammer Hall. Crammer Hall is an Anglican college which is part of St John's and the university, however (I assume) you will be studying a subject other than theology so you'll be part of John's instead :smile: - now, because the college is partnered with Crammer Hall it is said (from 'extensive' TSR searching) that there is a kind of Christian ethos about the place, but apparently hardly noticeable.

I don't know what else to say, so from goolging I have found that: John's offers free formals (yay!) and this links in with the fact that it is one of the more traditional colleges (meaning that you do get to dress up for the occasion), it has a college bar and a toastie bar, there appears to be plenty of societies and stuff to do so that's great, and because of the college's size, it 'feels like a small community, so you do end up getting to know everybody there'.
Original post by themancunian
For a brief run down (through googling and whatnot):

St John's is one of the smallest colleges, it has around ~300 undergrads in total, some postgrads and a population of people who study/work at Crammer Hall. Crammer Hall is an Anglican college which is part of St John's and the university, however (I assume) you will be studying a subject other than theology so you'll be part of John's instead :smile: - now, because the college is partnered with Crammer Hall it is said (from 'extensive' TSR searching) that there is a kind of Christian ethos about the place, but apparently hardly noticeable.

I don't know what else to say, so from goolging I have found that: John's offers free formals (yay!) and this links in with the fact that it is one of the more traditional colleges (meaning that you do get to dress up for the occasion), it has a college bar and a toastie bar, there appears to be plenty of societies and stuff to do so that's great, and because of the college's size, it 'feels like a small community, so you do end up getting to know everybody there'.

Sort of like a poor man's Chads really.

JOKING!
Hey guys :smile: got allocated John Snow for Anthropology with a Foundation Year, which I thought was a bit shifty, so I emailed them and they said they're reallocate me. No news yet though :/
Original post by game well and truly over
Sort of like a poor man's Chads really.

JOKING!

Ohhhhh shots fired :tongue:
Original post by themancunian
Ohhhhh shots fired :tongue:

:biggrin:
Anyone know if there is a Facebook page for University College 2015 freshers? I've seen various groups for other colleges posted here.
Is anyone that's been allocated Hatfield choosing the residential option for the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by helenaf
I found out today I've been accepted by Castle as well :smile: what subject?

So have I, got an offer for maths! Are you going to the open day?
Original post by rachelmiller19
Anyone know if there is a Facebook page for University College 2015 freshers? I've seen various groups for other colleges posted here.

Just searched on facebook and I don't think there is, could always set one up
Original post by rachelmiller19

Original post by willjeffcott
Just searched on facebook and I don't think there is, could always set one up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1589638191249956/
Reply 337
Original post by willjeffcott
So have I, got an offer for maths! Are you going to the open day?

Yes I am :smile: are you?
Reply 338
Is anyone going to an open day, and has been allocated to Trevs?
Original post by helenaf
Yes I am :smile: are you?

Yes :smile: Really looking forward to it! I'm doing the overnight stay on Monday and then going to all of the talks and stuff on Tuesday

Quick Reply

Latest