The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

I hope that the unofficial mark scheme is accurate.. If OCR used it to mark my exam I'd come out with 52/60
Did anyone else put D for the shaded plant species?
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I thought males were higher?

Yeah males was definitely higher, was more prominent in every age group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoshFH
I think you over complicated it corey7695, If 60% of people with kidney problems were male then 40% had to be female?

And that trend of higher than 50% male was common throughout the table

the graph was percentages? i thought it was just numbers of them, **** sake
What do we think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Harry1996
could you edit the unofficial mark scheme for the causes of kidney failure in 65+ to be renal vascular disease

Thanks for this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grade boundaries, anybody!!??
Reply 2827
for adaptation of grana can you say surrounded by stroma so short diffusion path of products from light-dependent to Calvin cycle?
unofficial mark scheme? anyone?

Adaptation of granum - it is near the stroma so short transportation distance of light-dep products to light-ind reactions?
Original post by tewas
did the labelling mitochondria question require the letters or the names of the parts???

Surely the letters, they wouldn't have given us them otherwise.
For why we shiver I put, increased temperature reduces activity of acetylcholinesterase, so ACh is not hydrolysed and remains in receptor, so sodium channels remain open causing the continued stimulation of action potentials in post-synaptic membrane leading to muscles. Could be wrong, anyone else put something like that?
Thanks !! :smile:
What did you put for why insulin is still secreted, guys? I put because calcium ions still present in the cell and takes time to remove by active transport, so still causes exocytosis.
for the dextrose question, i mentioned how it would have a low w.p which would cause excess fluids which have accumulated in the tissues(due to kidneys not filtering it out) to diffuse out by osmosis, this sound reasonable?
Can you talk about triglycerides and amino acids breaking down to form glucose??????????????/ so insulin secretion continues?
Original post by games211
Can you talk about triglycerides and amino acids breaking down to form glucose??????????????/ so insulin secretion continues?
<br />
<br />
I put because it takes a while for calcium ions to be removed from the cell via active transport, so their presence will still cause exocytosis even when glucose doesn't enter the cell
Original post by buxtonarmy
Select kidney failure (1)Renal Vascular Disease (figure was +9.2)

Wasn't the answer 'unknown diagnosis' ??
It went up 10.2%

Renal Vascular Disease went up by 400%
Reply 2839
Can anybody tell me that exact questions for the MBM answer? I know one was about synapses..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending