The Student Room Group

Wrong course name, help!

Hello, I'm and EU applicant for 15/16 uni course.
The thing is that I've applied for Media Communication thinking that I could pursue advertising in the future. But then, I was told that I can't. My whole Personal Statement was about doing advertisement while doing a Media course.
The problem is that I've already sent my UCAS application, i had time to change one uni option to advertising but, still, in my PS I don't specify "(BA) in advertising"
Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you.
PD: one of my uni option already rejected me saying that in my PS I don't show the right choice.
Reply 1
Erm, which courses did you end up applying to then?

It sounds as though you applied to both Media and Advertising courses with a statement that focused on media and advertising. Which is sort of ideal really. :smile: (I feel as though I must be misreading this)
Reply 2
Original post by Lech
Erm, which courses did you end up applying to then?

It sounds as though you applied to both Media and Advertising courses with a statement that focused on media and advertising. Which is sort of ideal really. :smile: (I feel as though I must be misreading this)

Yeh, it's kind of confusing.
Initially I did apply for Media because I want to end up in a advertising job. (I thought that media allowed me to do that). But as I said, my PS is about advertising. So I'll just wait and see...
I think that whoever told you that you can't pursue advertising with a media degree is wrong. I'm considering working in this field after uni and I've only applied to Media and Communications courses.
What universities have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by bianca2402
I think that whoever told you that you can't pursue advertising with a media degree is wrong. I'm considering working in this field after uni and I've only applied to Media and Communications courses.
What universities have you applied to?

UAL (for both Media and Advertising), Brunel, Westminster and Goldsmith (they already rejected me saying that my field focus on my PS was incorrect)
So now, I'm quite afraid...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending