The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Undergrad application Marketing

I've applied to do Management and Marketing (year in business) 2024 and the entry requirements are AAB-ABB. Although I've heard they let people with low grades in. My predicted grades are D*AC. Do you think I've got a good chance of getting in? Also is anyone else applying for this course? :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Dxistudent
I've applied to do Business and Marketing (year in business) 2024 and the entry requirements are AAB-ABB. Although I've heard they let people with low grades in. My predicted grades are D*AC. Do you think I've got a good chance of getting in? Also is anyone else applying for this course? :smile:

Are you sure mean "Business and Marketing (year in business)"? Royal Holloway don't offer an undergraduate course by that name. Perhaps you meant "Business and Management with a Year in Business". Alternatively, perhaps you can provide a link to the correct course page.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Are you sure mean "Business and Marketing (year in business)"? Royal Holloway don't offer an undergraduate course by that name. Perhaps you meant "Business and Management with a Year in Business". Alternatively, perhaps you can provide a link to the correct course page.

hey. here is the link . It does say Bsc

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studying-here/undergraduate/business-and-management/management-with-marketing-with-a-year-in-business/

Thanks for confirming. So the course is actually called "Management with Marketing with a Year in Business", not "Business and Marketing (year in business)".

According to the Uni Guide, here, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" for that particular course at Royal Holloway are "Business Studies B | Economics C | Psychology B".

So what you've heard about them accepting grades significantly below the grades they request is clearly accurate.

Their course page says they're happy to accept a BTEC Extended Certificate (which is what I assume you're D* is) at grade D, in conjunction with A levels at BB. Given your grade profile, and the information above as what grades they actually accept, I'd say you have a good chance of an offer. :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for confirming. So the course is actually called "Management with Marketing with a Year in Business", not "Business and Marketing (year in business)".

According to the Uni Guide, here, the "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved)" for that particular course at Royal Holloway are "Business Studies B | Economics C | Psychology B".

So what you've heard about them accepting grades significantly below the grades they request is clearly accurate.

Their course page says they're happy to accept a BTEC Extended Certificate (which is what I assume you're D* is) at grade D, in conjunction with A levels at BB. Given your grade profile, and the information above as what grades they actually accept, I'd say you have a good chance of an offer. :smile:

omg yes my bad i didnt mean to put the wrong name. Thank you so much. I hope I get in its my dream uni Hopefully those stats are actually true ahhaha i don't know if i can trust uni guide
omg yes my bad i didnt mean to put the wrong name. Thank you so much. I hope I get in its my dream uni Hopefully those stats are actually true ahhaha i don't know if i can trust uni guide

Royal Holloway tends to accept students below their offers so there is a good chance you will be accepted. Nobody can guarantee this and it is dependent on numbers reaching their grades but based on past years you have a good chance of being accepted.

The Uni Guide get their information from HESA (the Higher Education Statistics Agency). You can see essentially the same information (from the same source) on the Government's Discover Uni site, here.

It shows that 25% of 2021-22 entrants has UCAS points in the range 112 - 127, and another 25% in the range 128 - 143.

In terms if UCAS points you're at 136.
Reply 7
The Uni Guide get their information from HESA (the Higher Education Statistics Agency). You can see essentially the same information (from the same source) on the Government's Discover Uni site, here.

It shows that 25% of 2021-22 entrants has UCAS points in the range 112 - 127, and another 25% in the range 128 - 143.

In terms if UCAS points you're at 136.

Hiii thank you. That is really helpful !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending