The Student Room Group

did he name his daughter after me?

So, there is this guy that I used to know when I was a teenager. We both really liked each other, and I remember how we both used to say how we never felt about anyone as we felt about each other. I guess, you could say he was my right person, wrong time. We liked each other, but it was impossible for us to get together so we separated our ways. Through his sister, I found out that even years after we separated he talked about me in a positive way and held me dearly in his heart. Earlier this year, he had a daughter and she has the same name as me. Is it possible that a man names his daughter after a former crush/girl that he almost ended up dating?

Please, spare me rude comments. I'm just asking because judging by his sister's words he didn't get over me even after 9 years.
Reply 1
That might be a reason but if your name is very common it is mostly likely just because it was a common name. As he probably had to choose this name with the partner he is with so it is more likely that they choose the name
It is possible, because as you said his sister believes that he thought very highly of you years after...
Original post by Admit-One
No.

I love the flat out "No". :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As Anonymous #2 has reiterated if your name is a common name, then it's probably not a big deal, you haven't revealed your name, so God only knows if your ex named his daughter after you, but considering he had a child with someone else, it probably isn't about you.
Reply 5
If your name is Wilhelmina or Chrysanthemum then I’d be concerned.
Reply 6
Bull there's never a wrong time to get together unless one of you was already taken
He may have always liked the name. Or perhaps his partner suggested it. It is most likely to have just been one of the few names they both could agree on.

I personally intend to actively not name a child after an ex-girlfriend (or crush). I've dated four Kirsty's and two Erin's, so of course my partner has blacklisted those. :lol:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
No.

:biggrin::biggrin: That made me laugh
But depends on how common her name is
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
So, there is this guy that I used to know when I was a teenager. We both really liked each other, and I remember how we both used to say how we never felt about anyone as we felt about each other. I guess, you could say he was my right person, wrong time. We liked each other, but it was impossible for us to get together so we separated our ways. Through his sister, I found out that even years after we separated he talked about me in a positive way and held me dearly in his heart. Earlier this year, he had a daughter and she has the same name as me. Is it possible that a man names his daughter after a former crush/girl that he almost ended up dating?

Please, spare me rude comments. I'm just asking because judging by his sister's words he didn't get over me even after 9 years.

guys never get over girls, girls jus dont understand that
Reply 10
Original post by Jodasauras
Bull there's never a wrong time to get together unless one of you was already taken

But he is already taken. He's just had a daughter with someone.
Reply 11
Original post by Makro
But he is already taken. He's just had a daughter with someone.

But was he taken back at the time she had feelings for him
Reply 12
But was he taken back at the time she had feelings for him

How is that relevant if he is no longer available? he has a partner and a baby now. They are a family.
Reply 13
Original post by Makro
How is that relevant if he is no longer available? he has a partner and a baby now. They are a family.

I'm just saying she should have had the balls to make a move for him back then
Maybe.
Alternatively it could have been his partner's choice of name, a very popular name that he likes or a few of his relatives have.
Reply 15
I'm just saying she should have had the balls to make a move for him back then

But that's not at all what you said. What you said was "Bull there's never a wrong time to get together unless one of you was already taken" implying there is still a chance they could get back together which is just false hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending