The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Post offer visit days

I had a look around the website but couldn't find the information I needed. To anyone who's been to a visit day - I've registered for neuroscience - how many people can we bring (or how many did people actually bring on the day) and what's the itinerary for the day? Also, how did you find it overall? Thanks!
Original post by misteltain
I had a look around the website but couldn't find the information I needed. To anyone who's been to a visit day - I've registered for neuroscience - how many people can we bring (or how many did people actually bring on the day) and what's the itinerary for the day? Also, how did you find it overall? Thanks!

Hey, I went to a visit day last year for Law. I went on my own but most people came with their parents. I found it really useful - I contacted a few of the accommodation halls and asked if I could have a look around. There should be more info about neuroscience online but for law I think it lasted a couple hours in the afternoon. Firstly sat in the wills memorial building and some guy talked about the course, then some students talked about their experience. Then had a look around the building and then went on a coach and had a look around the city. Overall, I found it really useful as I hadn't visited bristol before. Plus, if your household income is below £45,000ish they give you a travel bursary and reimburse your travel costs. The visit day made me realise how nice bristol is and so I firmed it over Warwick. Hope this helps x
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by misteltain

How long did it take for you to receive the invitation to the visit day? I received an offer for neuroscience in November but haven't heard anything yet.

I went to one at Bristol last year for pharmacology with my best friend but it was a joint one for Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience. Most people were there with two guests.
The day was broken into two parts. The first part of the day was a presentation about the courses, the teaching and research. Then the applicants were taken away for a tour, lunch with some current students and a session with the human patient simulator.

This is a link to the itinerary http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/phys-pharm/migrated/documents/programme.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jjaye25
How long did it take for you to receive the invitation to the visit day? I received an offer for neuroscience in November but haven't heard anything yet.

I went to one at Bristol last year for pharmacology with my best friend but it was a joint one for Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience. Most people were there with two guests.
The day was broken into two parts. The first part of the day was a presentation about the courses, the teaching and research. Then the applicants were taken away for a tour, lunch with some current students and a session with the human patient simulator.

This is a link to the itinerary http://www.bristol.ac.uk/media-library/sites/phys-pharm/migrated/documents/programme.pdf

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the late reply. I submitted my application early december, got an offer a little less than 2 weeks later and an invitation on the 24th of dec. There are two dates, one on the 4th and another on the 18th I believe. Maybe contact someone or log into your portal to check?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending