The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Durham or Manchester?

durham or manchester?!! i am studying undergrad ancient history and archaeology and I am stuck between the two!
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Durham also has some terrible accommodation supply issues.

Have you visited them both? There should be offer holder days to visit in the spring to find out more and speak to current students.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Durham also has some terrible accommodation supply issues.

Have you visited them both? There should be offer holder days to visit in the spring to find out more and speak to current students.

I hope to visit Durham for a post-offer day soon, I am guessing I should get the feel and decide if I like it there and if not put Manchester as my firm?
Reply 3
i'd say base it off the 'feel' when u are there. i visited durham and manchester and absolutely loved the manchester open day, i got such a 'feeling' and knew i wanted to study there. durham was not for me just seemed boring and posh but obviously it is good for some people so don't rule it out based on my opinion. maybe ask current students about their opinion
Reply 4
Original post by bratw0rstt
i'd say base it off the 'feel' when u are there. i visited durham and manchester and absolutely loved the manchester open day, i got such a 'feeling' and knew i wanted to study there. durham was not for me just seemed boring and posh but obviously it is good for some people so don't rule it out based on my opinion. maybe ask current students about their opinion

thank you so much!! would you say manchester was a decently nice city if you knew the right areas to be in?
Reply 5
Original post by lemonpepsi222
thank you so much!! would you say manchester was a decently nice city if you knew the right areas to be in?

100%. i come from a pretty dead town so i was very impressed but anything you could ever want is in manchester - clubs, bars, music venues, restaurants, independent shops, chain shops, museums (even one near the uni). it's great and lively. obviously some areas aren't so nice to live in but when i looked around the student areas (fallowfield) it was quite safe. all of this i saw in one day so living there i'm sure there's much more
Reply 6
Original post by bratw0rstt
100%. i come from a pretty dead town so i was very impressed but anything you could ever want is in manchester - clubs, bars, music venues, restaurants, independent shops, chain shops, museums (even one near the uni). it's great and lively. obviously some areas aren't so nice to live in but when i looked around the student areas (fallowfield) it was quite safe. all of this i saw in one day so living there i'm sure there's much more

Oh amazing! Thank you so much :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending