The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU Accomodation - Victoria Hall

Anyone thinking about applying for this Accomodation?

I think I will as it is closest to my school building (Biology)

Maybe current students can give us feedback of what its like living there or Liverpool in general?
I'm sure I visited when I was viewing accommodation. Are you Byrom Street? If so I think Liberty Atlantic Point is the nicest in that general area, or in my opinion anyway. I do have 2 friends who live in Victoria Halls though and they're staying on next year too because I think they said it was pretty good value for money.

Liverpool in general is pretty awesome, before I moved I knew the area well anyway, because my family are from Liverpool but there's just absolutely everything here, good atmosphere, good people, I really like it and am glad I made the choice to come here. I almost went to Manchester and I'm glad I didn't given this has turned out so well.
Liverpool
Original post by NatalieMT
I'm sure I visited when I was viewing accommodation. Are you Byrom Street? If so I think Liberty Atlantic Point is the nicest in that general area, or in my opinion anyway. I do have 2 friends who live in Victoria Halls though and they're staying on next year too because I think they said it was pretty good value for money.

Liverpool in general is pretty awesome, before I moved I knew the area well anyway, because my family are from Liverpool but there's just absolutely everything here, good atmosphere, good people, I really like it and am glad I made the choice to come here. I almost went to Manchester and I'm glad I didn't given this has turned out so well.

Thanks for the feedback. I like Victoria hall as it is near Byrom street and its cheaper than most without being poor quality. It came up as the top post on the LJMU accommodation website you put your course in and it tells you the nearest halls.

Ive never been to Liverpool before but my mum and nanna really enjoy it. Theres a 90% Im going there so im nervous to go to a new city without really knowing any of the areas! Good to hear its a nice place. When i first looked at the website I had a connection with it, I immediately thought I want to go there
Hey I'm a current LJMU student, who also uses the byrom street campus (where biology is taught).

Victoria hall, marybone 1 and marybone 2 (which are all basically within meters of eachother) are the first accommodations closest to byrom street, with Atlantic point being the second closest (an extra few minute walk at most).

I didn't stay at Victoria halls last year, I stayed in marybone 1 instead. However I did spend quite a bit of time in Victoria hall.

Whether or not a recommend it depends on what you want from your accommodation.

I think all the rooms in Victoria hall are en-suite so if that's important to you then there you go (marybone 2 also has en suite in all the rooms, can't remember if it's cheaper).

If being able to make noise or have a lot of parties is important to you Victoria halls might not be the best option. I found that in Victoria halls the noise and the reporting of noise was much higher, so you may not be able to say play music at pre-drink very loud on weekdays or past a certain time, so if you don't like the sound of that I recommend marybone 1 or marybone 2 if you want ensuite as it's the marybones which are regarded as the loud party halls. . If however you want some peace and quiet victoria halls is the better option.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm studying biology at ljmu in September and I'm looking at Victoria Halls. I've only heard good things about it
Original post by SophieSmall
Hey I'm a current LJMU student, who also uses the byrom street campus (where biology is taught).

Victoria hall, marybone 1 and marybone 2 (which are all basically within meters of eachother) are the first accommodations closest to byrom street, with Atlantic point being the second closest (an extra few minute walk at most).

I didn't stay at Victoria halls last year, I stayed in marybone 1 instead. However I did spend quite a bit of time in Victoria hall.

Whether or not a recommend it depends on what you want from your accommodation.

I think all the rooms in Victoria hall are en-suite so if that's important to you then there you go (marybone 2 also has en suite in all the rooms, can't remember if it's cheaper).

If being able to make noise or have a lot of parties is important to you Victoria halls might not be the best option. I found that in Victoria halls the noise and the reporting of noise was much higher, so you may not be able to say play music at pre-drink very loud on weekdays or past a certain time, so if you don't like the sound of that I recommend marybone 1 or marybone 2 if you want ensuite as it's the marybones which are regarded as the loud party halls. . If however you want some peace and quiet victoria halls is the better option.

Thanks! Yes I 100% want ensuite, and of course want to go to parties etc but I'll probably be ticked off easily by the noise.

Original post by AdamFarrell
I'm studying biology at ljmu in September and I'm looking at Victoria Halls. I've only heard good things about it

Cool, will see you in lectures no doubt :tongue:

Im going to the open day on 20th march

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending