Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Gini Keig
ive applied for music and got an offer!
what is the night life like as far as live music goes? is Huddersfield full of dance clubs, or are there venues which regularly put on live bands?

Club NME at Tokyos on a Tuesday is the best place to go for live music. This year they've had Shiny Toy Guns, Pigeon Detectives, The Blood Arm and Dirty Pretty Things. It's such a small venue it's really good for gigs. We don't get recognised artists very often in Hudds but when we do it's awesome- intimate and all that. Go to Leeds to see bigger bands, it's only down the road. We've got Milburn coming to teh uni in May, first half decent band all year hah. And half decent really is being a bit generous.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 61
smiley8517
Hey!!

I've been accepted to huddersfield to do Textile Design for fashion and interiors!!

Are there any other textile people out there??

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

YES YES YES!!! me too!! i'm sooooooooooo excited gotta get 240 points!:biggrin:

c ya there beeatch!!:cool:
Reply 62
I have an unconditional to Study music from the second year. I'll be living in Wakefield though, as I have the organ scholarship

:smile:
Reply 63
I emailed the university in regards to my course (it is listed as needing 180-240 points on the site and as 240 on UCAS) and they haven't replied yet. It's been nearly a week now, is it normal for them to take a while?
Reply 64
Give them time. Its exam time now so things will probably be getting hectic for the lecturers :smile:
Racin-Aimzee
Well I'm transferring hopefully!
Currently doing Event Management and got an interview for Youth and Community Work in May.
Woo, wish me luck!
Random change of course.. I know! :tongue:

Been accepted onto my new course :cool:
Ooo I'm gonna be doing Events management....is it any good?

(Preferable answer would be "Yes" or "Yes it's amazing" :biggrin: )
Heli_Fabulous
Ooo I'm gonna be doing Events management....is it any good?

(Preferable answer would be "Yes" or "Yes it's amazing" :biggrin: )

Hehe I would say "Yes" not the other one..
It's a good course, just not what I wanna' do :smile:
Fieldtrip in your 1st year is cool too!
Reply 68
hey! applied for drama and got an offer a couple of days ago!!:biggrin: also got my apartment in aspley halls anyone know if it's better than stores halls??:confused:
Reply 69
Hi xloreliex. Check this thread and (if you can be bothered to go through the entire thing) this thread. In those, we current students have discussed the pros and cons of both the "in town" halls (Aspley, Snow Island, Firth Point) and the "out of town" ones (Storthes and Ashenhurst) :smile:
Reply 70
Anth
Hi xloreliex. Check this thread and (if you can be bothered to go through the entire thing) this thread. In those, we current students have discussed the pros and cons of both the "in town" halls (Aspley, Snow Island, Firth Point) and the "out of town" ones (Storthes and Ashenhurst) :smile:

Hey thanks for that:smile: it's not like i can change anyway jus hope i'm not the only first year in aspley!!:frown:
Reply 71
You wont be. Aspley is in a good location, and I know people in both Aspley and Little Aspley who are in their first year :smile:
Reply 72
Anth
You wont be. Aspley is in a good location, and I know people in both Aspley and Little Aspley who are in their first year :smile:

Feel a bit better now cheers!:smile: wat are you studying??
Reply 73
I'm almost finished the first year of Automotive Technology and am planning on changing to Motorsport Technology in September.

Wont be in halls though, got a house sorted with a couple of mates.
Reply 74
got a conditional offer for psychology so thats gr8....now its getting the grades *fingers crossed*
hey guys, my names brett. this is my first post on here!

ive accepted an offer for motorsport engineering i have to get a Merit Merit Pass to get in. woop
Reply 76
Hi Brett. All I will say is that I apologise for the Pro Studies module that you will do with BSc (if they dont take any notice of the feedback, that is) :wink:
really? is it that bad?
Reply 78
Just that one module. I'm not sure what the other BEng ones are like, but (if they run it the same as this year) you will have the Pro Studies module and a manufacturing module with BSc.

One of the good sides of the course though is that you go to the Technical College and learn to program CNC machines, use CAM, weld and manual machine. This year the BSc and BEng Mechanical (including Automotive and Motorsport) made gear-knobs that turned out pretty well :smile:
hi im applying for the motorsport masters course and been given a conditional offer which i ahve already achieved, but im moving up from essex so im worried about not knowing anyone there

Latest

Trending

Trending