The Student Room Group

OCR LAW A2 Criminal Law 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sebmartin66
Will a defence always come up in section A? worried incase it won't and we haven't been taught other A questions apart from defences!

There is a pattern for that yes. But thats a bit risky from you teachers😅 i wouldnt worry too much bcus as i said a defence does consistently come up (consent is likely as a heads up) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by swagyolo420
There is a pattern for that yes. But thats a bit risky from you teachers😅 i wouldnt worry too much bcus as i said a defence does consistently come up (consent is likely as a heads up) :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but for example, for ELS which i was resting we only learnt 4 topics which had consistently come up in every exam and this year sentencing was missed out! Luckily i was redoing it on an A grade already (for extra UMS) but still I'm worried they'll miss defences out for criminal law this year!!
True but for example, for ELS which i was resting we only learnt 4 topics which had consistently come up in every exam and this year sentencing was missed out! Luckily i was redoing it on an A grade already (for extra UMS) but still I'm worried they'll miss defences out for criminal law this year!!

I mean its impossible to tell but we would be unlucky if they did! I have just prepared essays for most topics, like if you know everything for an essay, you can do a scenario on it. So the more you know, the more u can relax. I mean the fact an defence essay seems to always come up paired with the fact ur teacher have suggested it means i wouldnt worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Original post by swagyolo420
I mean its impossible to tell but we would be unlucky if they did! I have just prepared essays for most topics, like if you know everything for an essay, you can do a scenario on it. So the more you know, the more u can relax. I mean the fact an defence essay seems to always come up paired with the fact ur teacher have suggested it means i wouldnt worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I may learn essays for Non-fatal and Theft (Robbery and burglary) for section A aswell?
I may learn essays for Non-fatal and Theft (Robbery and burglary) for section A aswell?

I would not like theft rob and burg to be in one essay😥😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you guys think involuntary manslaughter might come up for section B?
Has anyone noticed that THEFT comes up in section B EVERY YEAR!! (Since 2010 anyway, I'm not sure about before then)
Original post by Lost_hope
do you guys think involuntary manslaughter might come up for section B?

Invol manslaughter came up in section B last year 😊
I like robbery and burglary but the fact you have to explain theft (which is so long) makes it almost impossible for me to write in 50 mins.

Has anyone got any tips for timing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only just started revising and don't feel have enough time ahhh
Original post by inthechaos
Hey, I'm doing this exam and I have notes on most stuff (except consent) if anyone needs any. They're like booklets with "fill in the gaps" and relevant articles and case names then you have to just fill in the POL and facts.

Please can you send me your booklets?
Original post by LeanneLevitt

I'll probably do it tomorrow, PM me tomorrow about 5ish to remind me? I've literally just turned my computer off then saw this on my phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Hi I was wondering if you had resources for both the exams and how could I structure each question to get high marks

Thank you
Original post by armelax
I like robbery and burglary but the fact you have to explain theft (which is so long) makes it almost impossible for me to write in 50 mins.

Has anyone got any tips for timing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Timing is a big problem in this exam:/ the only one i have is to do section C first then B then A. So like opposite, bcus ppl tend to spend to long as section A at the start and then dont leave enough time for Section B and may not even start C😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm doing this exam and I have notes on most stuff (except consent) if anyone needs any. They're like booklets with "fill in the gaps" and relevant articles and case names then you have to just fill in the POL and facts.

Hi would you mind sending me the booklets please?
Original post by domixxo
All 3 of my teachers are examiners and they are predicting that consent, Strict liab, theft/robbery/burglary (in one), OAP and manslaughter will be v likely to come up for the 2 x 50 markers and insanity, automatism and defences are likely for the 20 marker. I know it doesn't narrow it down but they have been pretty spot in in the past. Consent will be on the paper 98% as it's the special study next year for 2016 so the examiners are probably going to throw that in on the big paper

Thanks what about omission, causation murder which are fairly easy .

And is the manslaughter voluntry or invol
Original post by LeanneLevitt

Original post by AimeeGleek123
Hi would you mind sending me the booklets please?

Law booklets SHOULD be on this link, theres 16 of them. Please let me know if anything doesn't work properly etc.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Cyh9qE2r97aXdpZVlBYjMweVE&usp=sharing
Reply 157
Has anyone got tips to structure a 50 mark essay question
Original post by Fnh
Has anyone got tips to structure a 50 mark essay question

Use headings and sub-headings! It's surprising how useful they actually are!
Use headings and sub-headings! It's surprising how useful they actually are!

Sub headings are the way to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending