The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Should I study in Scotland?

Hey guys,

I've just created this account because I'm not quite sure what to study, where to study and so on. That's why I hope you can give me some good advices! So let me introduce myself first: I'm 18 an years old Austrian who is currently graduating from high school, due to mandatory military or civil service we have here I could only start in fall of 2016 to study. So here are my questions: Would a Scottish degree (let's say at Dundee or Strathclyde) in "International Relations" pay off or would that be a waste of time and resources? My alternative would be an undergraduate degree in International Business Administration at the Business University in Vienna, but I'm actually more interested in IR. You just can't study it here as undergraduate degree. So what would you say, regarding those two opportunities?

Another essential part of the debate are costs of living. I know there are no tuition fees for EU citizens in Scotland (at least for undergraduate degrees) but still it's said to be a pretty expensive country/region. How much would a students room be on average and would it be possible to work parallel to studying?

Thank you really much for reading this and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending