The Student Room Group

Home fee status help

Hi I’ve applied to study in Scotland theough clearing and have been given a home fee status due to being from EU and having settled status ,I normally reside in England and I am unsure whether to apply through SAAS for tuition fee awar now as I’ve been told by university Scotland should fund the fee and keep the maintenance lion in England or change the amount of fee on English student finance ?

Any Europeans with settled status been through this ??
Reply 1
Original post by kakunek765
Hi I’ve applied to study in Scotland theough clearing and have been given a home fee status due to being from EU and having settled status ,I normally reside in England and I am unsure whether to apply through SAAS for tuition fee awar now as I’ve been told by university Scotland should fund the fee and keep the maintenance lion in England or change the amount of fee on English student finance ?

Any Europeans with settled status been through this ??

So you living and reside in England and you want to attend a university in Scotland.

So basically you'll have to apply for your university fees and loans that you are wanting through student finance England as you are living in England permanently.
Contact student finance England and get them to sort everything out for you.
You could contact SAAS and ask them for advice on this matter and see what happens from there.

Normally SAAS won't approve anything from any Non Scottish residents for university courses fee's etc.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
So you living and reside in England and you want to attend a university in Scotland.

So basically you'll have to apply for your university fees and loans that you are wanting through student finance England as you are living in England permanently.
Contact student finance England and get them to sort everything out for you.
You could contact SAAS and ask them for advice on this matter and see what happens from there.

Normally SAAS won't approve anything from any Non Scottish residents for university courses fee's etc.

Hi thank you that’s what I’m confused about , I have the home fee status and have been told my fee is much lower due to that and normally funded by SAAS however there isn’t much information what to do if you have home fee status if you live in England and not Scotland
Reply 3
Who is eligible? In general, to be eligible for home fee status and student support, including free tuition, student loans, bursaries, and grants, students must have a 'relevant connection' with Scotland. This means they must be 'settled' in the UK and 'ordinarily resident' in Scotland on the 'relevant date'.25 May 2023
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk ...
Eligibility for home fee status and student support in Scotland

Am I eligible for Scottish University fees?
To receive funding, you must meet all the following three conditions: UK national or have 'settled status', with no restrictions on how long you can stay. Normally live in Scotland on course start date, short periods away for work, education or holidays are OK. Living in the UK for 3 years before the course start date.
https://www.studentinformation.gov.scot ...
Nationality and residency requirements for funding

Can someone from England go to university in Scotland for free.
Scottish students and students from the EU (who started in or before the 2020/21 academic year) can study for free in Scotland the government picks up the tab for tuition fees. However, students from the rest of the UK will be charged up to £9,250 for tuition fees in Scotland.8 Aug 2023
https://www.savethestudent.org fi...
Student Finance in Scotland 2023

Can I study in Scotland if I live in England.
Students from England, Northern Ireland and Wales studying in Scotland are able to apply for living cost grants and student loans from their home funding body, and will receive the same level of funding from these sources as they would if studying away from home in their home country.
https://www.scotland.org study f...
Tuition Fees | Scotland.org

Original post by kakunek765
Hi thank you that’s what I’m confused about , I have the home fee status and have been told my fee is much lower due to that and normally funded by SAAS however there isn’t much information what to do if you have home fee status if you live in England and not Scotland

Don't know if any of the above information will be useful for you.

Best thing to do is really contact the SAAS first and foremost and see what they say about it.
Then if necessary you can always get in touch with Student finance England.

Yeah I'm bit confused about it too but like I said best contacting SAAS and see if they will do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending