getting exam papers back after results

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I am wondering why is it not possible to get your exam papers back say your gcse exams after you got your results and all the possible remarks have been done just to see how the examiner had marked them, and if they arent given back what happens to them?? I know that you can collect your coursework in october or something like that, why isnt it the same with exam papers?
rowei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can request either photocopies of the paper or the original marked scripts, but you have to pay for the privilege.
CBLMillwall
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Any idea how much?

I'd probsbly be interested to find out where I went wrong.
Freakazoid!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't bother. It's not like you can change anything about them now. Besides when you do AS/A2 GCSE's seem like a joke and its all irrelevant.
rowei
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it's about £7 per script for AS-/A2-level and about £4/5 per script for GCSE. Have a look on the exam boards' websites.
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I believe they charge £6 for a photocopy of your script + markscheme, £10 for a "clerical recheck" i.e. readding of marks etc and £25 for a complete remark - but beware that you can go up or down! If they change your mark, any money spent in this process will be refunded.
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's good timing!
La_la_la
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can be handy to get a paper back if u want 2 resit it. If u get the original script back it doesn't cost much. However, it is a tad annoying when ur teacher believes u've been marked harshly when its too l8 to do anything about it!!!
Benny Cool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can only get your paper remarked if you get a copy sent back, remember.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I got a photcopy sent back - it's about £5.00, but you kick yourself when you read some of the stuff you write in exams
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I was told for my AS papers each board charged £5 (and suprise suprise) edexcel charge £10!!!
Unregistered123
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Any idea how you go about getting those papers back? I've been told I should re-do my coursework, so need it back. And does it have to be a photocopy or can you get the real thing back?

Any help on all this is really appreciated!!
rowei
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered123)
Any idea how you go about getting those papers back? I've been told I should re-do my coursework, so need it back. And does it have to be a photocopy or can you get the real thing back?

Any help on all this is really appreciated!!
Ask your exams officer.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the reason as to why you cant get exam papers back is because the year who is below you will use that paper for their mocks.
happy now? hehe
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (292)
34.19%
No (562)
65.81%

Watched Threads