The Student Room Group

Wrote 1 minute extra on a gcse paper and got written down - whats the penalty?

It was my final exam, and I wrote around 10-15 seconds longer after she said stop (my mistake, I know). Invigilator takes the paper out of my hand just as a write my final thing cos i was sitting near the front. she takes my details card and writes the details down.

after the exam i see her walking in school so i ask what's gonna happen. She says its unlikely to be a disqualification but she has no idea whats gonna happen and that its just policy.

does anybody know what the penalisation will be, because ive literally deep searched the internet and cant find anything ab this. I'll reply to my own thread w the answer once i get my results on the 24th so at least there'll be something out there.

Oh well if anybody does know the answer please reply, stressing ibsr

the exam was aqa further maths level 2 paper 2 btw
Reply 1
wtf i keep writing until they take the paper.
Original post by JaCey04
wtf i keep writing until they take the paper.

I see so many people doing this, especially towards the back of the exam hall.
Reply 3
Original post by toxicgamage56
I see so many people doing this, especially towards the back of the exam hall.

Im normally at the front but I dont feel like its the end of the world if some1 writes for 10-15 seconds. Plus our people normally say "finish your sentence."
Original post by AHK786

It was my final exam, and I wrote around 10-15 seconds longer after she said stop (my mistake, I know). Invigilator takes the paper out of my hand just as a write my final thing cos i was sitting near the front. she takes my details card and writes the details down.

after the exam i see her walking in school so i ask what's gonna happen. She says its unlikely to be a disqualification but she has no idea whats gonna happen and that its just policy.

does anybody know what the penalisation will be, because ive literally deep searched the internet and cant find anything ab this. I'll reply to my own thread w the answer once i get my results on the 24th so at least there'll be something out there.

IIRC the JCQ rules is that writing for a short time is usually worth a warning, but writing for longer will lead to loss of marks for that paper.
Reply 5
🤣🤣

our lot fr say stop wherever you are
Original post by JaCey04
Im normally at the front but I dont feel like its the end of the world if some1 writes for 10-15 seconds. Plus our people normally say "finish your sentence."
Reply 6
---UPDATE---

right so i got my results and I got a grade 6 in further maths which is p far off from what i was predicted (7-9)

i think i may have been penalised on the second paper, but I only have my total mark right now, not my paper by paper mark breakdown

my total mark was like 95/160 (80x2) smthn like that

but i can't tell if i was penalised or not because tbf the paper was p hard so idk ill ask my teacher when i see him

i'm not appealing cba no point

so overall, i think you do get penalised from that even if its by a couple marks
Original post by AHK786

You shouldn't have kept writing then when the invigilators said to stop, so if you were penalised then it was fair and due to your own actions *shrug*.
Original post by AHK786

hii may I know what happened after this
Original post by username6666

He hasn't logged on for over 3 weeks.
Reply 10
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

Wow, sounds like quite a punishment! :eek:
Reply 11
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

i got A levels yk 🤣
Reply 12
Original post by username6666

---UPDATE---

right so i got my results and I got a grade 6 in further maths which is p far off from what i was predicted (7-9)

i think i may have been penalised on the second paper, but I only have my total mark right now, not my paper by paper mark breakdown

my total mark was like 95/160 (80x2) smthn like that

but i can't tell if i was penalised or not because tbf the paper was p hard so idk ill ask my teacher when i see him

i'm not appealing cba no point

so overall, i think you do get penalised from that even if its by a couple marks

doing a levels now
Original post by AHK786

sucks to sit at the front bro our second names messed our chances, ppl at the middle back get to write atleast a min longer

Quick Reply

Latest