The Student Room Group

Article: 8 shameless tips that could save you £82 a week at uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Bin food, or even scraps from other's plates, is not for me or anyone I know. My advice in this aspect is learn how to cook. Most supermarkets have 1kg packets of rice and pasta for under 50p. The less perfect looking fruit and veg are cheaper. Unprocessed, good quality meat can be bought cheaply from a good butcher.
Reply 41
If you end up with a jar of loose change, find a Coinstar machine (usually in supermarkets like Asa and Sansburys) and swap them for vouchers to use in the shop. The company will deduct a percentage as a fee, but I've found it worthwhile. My bank won't let me pay in large numbers of small denomination coins even for charity campaigns (when I tried to pay in £5 of small change for Comic Relief they said processing it would slow their service down, even though the branch was nearly empty) and the bus fare to my nearest branch would take a chunk out of the money anyway. Can't do much else with them other than put them in charity collection cans, and carrying bags of loose change around for those, isn't practical.
That moment when Puddles the Monkey tells you to engage in 'double tea-bagging' for money

This is even better than 'Puddles gets Pumped' :rofl:
Original post by CCC75
Bin food, or even scraps from other's plates, is not for me or anyone I know. My advice in this aspect is learn how to cook. Most supermarkets have 1kg packets of rice and pasta for under 50p. The less perfect looking fruit and veg are cheaper. Unprocessed, good quality meat can be bought cheaply from a good butcher.

Asian supermarkets tend to have the big sacks of rice too.
In what dire straits must your financial situation be in, to even consider doing some of the **** in this article. Christ, get some self-respect. You're supposed to be intelligent.
(edited 8 years ago)
You could save huge amounts by catching your own food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending