The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
fishpaste
What's compulsory for an AS?

C1, C2 and an application.
fishpaste
well defined.

edit: hm, y doesn't increase at twice the rate at which x increases, just twice x.

Well I tried.

An AS would include C1, C2 and an applied module. And A2 includes C3, C4 and the second applied module in that category. Unless (as in my syllabus) something like S1 counts as an A2 module.
Reply 22
where can i see this new syllabus is there a site?
Reply 23
mik1a
C1, C2 and an application.

I see, can they do two different level one applications, or do they have to do a level two application? Could they do C1/Application/Application for an AS?
what will happen to p4 , p5 and p6?
Reply 25
XTinaA
Well I tried.

An AS would include C1, C2 and an applied module. And A2 includes C3, C4 and the second applied module in that category. Unless (as in my syllabus) something like S1 counts as an A2 module.

Thats a disgrace. Its like doing 1 less module.

At least we don't pay top up fees. MWAHHHHAHAHAHA
chats
where can i see this new syllabus is there a site?

The specification for AQA's version of the new syllabus:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5361-6361-W-SP-05.pdf
Reply 27
XTinaA
The specification for AQA's version of the new syllabus:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5361-6361-W-SP-05.pdf

cheers tina
Ah so its AQA not EDEXCEL, was getting a bit confused with the C modules!
Mysticmin
Ah so its AQA not EDEXCEL, was getting a bit confused with the C modules!

I think they're all doing it.
Reply 30
C4 isnt as hard as P3, for a start it has less in it, and Ive had a go at the specimen C4 paper (as weve run out of P3 papers) and it was basic compared to the P3 papers weve done..
Reply 31
Yeah all of them are. Edexcel, OCR, AQA.
Reply 32
Yes they are all doing it.
Reply 33
is this gonna effect ppl doin AS syllabus this year?
Reply 34
imasillynarb
C4 isnt as hard as P3, for a start it has less in it, and Ive had a go at the specimen C4 paper (as weve run out of P3 papers) and it was basic compared to the P3 papers weve done..

C4 will be the hard part of P3, or so we have been told - yes it son't be as long, none of them will because they're making a 4th module from them. I don't know why it's apparently easier - should be the same standard.
chats

No, you'll continue your specifications, but you'll be the last set of people doing it.
Reply 36
chats

Yes, we are switching to the new syllabus. We'll have to do C1-C4 next exam term despite doing P1 this year, and we only have to do the equivalent of P2-P3, as we've already covered 2 appliations this year!
mik1a
Yes, we are switching to the new syllabus. We'll have to do C1-C4 next exam term despite doing P1 this year, and we only have to do the equivalent of P2-P3, as we've already covered 2 appliations this year!

Ah. Confusion.
Reply 38
mik1a

so caus ive done 2 applications this year im gonna do 3 'pures' next year?
c2,c3,c4?
XTinaA
I think they're all doing it.

So, the old syllabus consisted of P1 + P2 for single maths, and P3 + P4 for double, Now its P1-3 for single, and P4-6 for double. And they're going to change it back to the old one? :confused: What a waste of...

Latest

Trending

Trending