The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth university

So I have accepted my unconditional offer to do Accounting and Business at BM uni and hoping to visit in September. However, I've only visited it once and that was only on the open day.

I've been wondering if the location is good like aside from the beach... And how good even is the nightlife??

Is is there anythin that anybody could tel me about my course?? I want to do a placement year as well 🙆
Reply 1
I realise that I've put this in the wrong section but I do not have a clue how to change it lmao
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
The nightlife is pretty good :smile:
Hi alinarahim

I am a second year archaeology student at Bournemouth. The town is really nice, especially the town centre. There are a load of shops down here, a couple of cinemas and an aquarium (which is worth a visit- they have otters!)

In summer the town centre is awesome, the balloon (yes we have a balloon ride :biggrin:) goes up pretty much all the time and you can get ice cream in the park. There are lots of fairs and things going on (like performance art pieces).

If you are on the Talbot campus and don't want to take the bus into town you can always go into Winton, which has a range of shops and is in walking distance.

I am sure you will really enjoy it here (if you want to know more just ask :biggrin:)

All the best, Amy
Original post by alinarahim
So I have accepted my unconditional offer to do Accounting and Business at BM uni and hoping to visit in September. However, I've only visited it once and that was only on the open day.

I've been wondering if the location is good like aside from the beach... And how good even is the nightlife??

Is is there anythin that anybody could tel me about my course?? I want to do a placement year as well

Hi alinarahim!

Congratulations on your offer!! :biggrin:

I'm Chris and I study Marketing here at BU!

I would definitely recommend BU, the nightlife in Bournemouth is great, and like the others have said there is loads to do during the day!

Unfortunately I can't tell you much about your course but looking at your course, you have the option to complete a 40 week placement in Year 3, one huge advantage of this is that you will have industry experience when you start looking for jobs after graduating! BU in particular has a great reputation with local businesses and so it should be fairly easy to find a exciting placement company!

Hope this has helped, feel free to ask me any other questions :biggrin:

Thanks

Chris :biggrin:
Hi Alinarahim!

Congratulations of accepting your offer, I am sure your going to have a great time here at BU!

I am currently a first year student studying BA Television Production and there's loads to do in town.

Right next to the beach there is lower gardens which is beautiful and a great place to take a walk when the weather is nice. It a park which has a hot air bloon in it! It also has crazy golf and a live performance area. It's a lovely place to chill out and have a picnic or grab an ice cream.

Bournemouth has a town centre which offers all the high street names. It's a great place to do a bit of shopping and if you get hungry there's also loads of restaurants to eat at from Italian to Spanish. As well as this, there's also pubs that offer food and all the fast food places you can think of.

There is also loads of gyms that you can join in your interested in sport and two Odeon cinemas if you fancy watching a film. As a student most places offer you discount which is super handy!

I love the night life here. Theres always student events going on and plenty of clubs to choose from so you don't get bored! Some of my favorites clubs include, Halo, Cameo, Lost Gardens, Yates and Fire-station.

Bournemouth is also well linked in terms of Travel. There is a bus and train station in town that can get you around and if you fancy a day trip out, why not go for a walk in the new forest!

I hope this has helped and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Gemma :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending