The Student Room Group

Class sizes for Paramedic Science

Would anyone be able to advise on the rough class sizes for Paramedic Science at the following universities?

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea
Original post by Tiger2016
Would anyone be able to advise on the rough class sizes for Paramedic Science at the following universities?

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea

It might be worth seeing if there is a chat link to current paramedic students on the course webpages.
Reply 2
I believe UEA had around 50 last year iirc

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea

Hi @Tiger2016 at Bournemouth University we have a smaller cohort for Paramedic Science, around 30 - 40 students, so each student gets a good amount of time with staff. We have an ambulance suite on site which is used by students regularly on the course - you can check this our on our Virtual Tour here: https://virtualtour.bournemouth.ac.uk/health-social-care/guided/health-social-care_tour/ambulance-simulation-suite

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea

Hi there,
Is there a reason for being concerned on class size?
Regardless of the size, there is no exclusion in the class. Every person is involved in activities. It is up to you/the student to get involved as much or as little as they wish in the classroom. In SIM, students are put into groups to complete activities.
Surrey University is the best uni for paramedic sciences. It is a very popular course. We have many open days coming up - please look on the website and come along for a visit where you can speak to the paramedic lecturer.
Reply 5
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi there,
Is there a reason for being concerned on class size?
Regardless of the size, there is no exclusion in the class. Every person is involved in activities. It is up to you/the student to get involved as much or as little as they wish in the classroom. In SIM, students are put into groups to complete activities.
Surrey University is the best uni for paramedic sciences. It is a very popular course. We have many open days coming up - please look on the website and come along for a visit where you can speak to the paramedic lecturer.

It's not a "concern". It was as a point of information building and gathering for me to make informed decisions on my choices - not everyone is able to attend open days especially the mature students as they have work commitments so we have to rely on information we can find else where and sometimes it is not easy to find so the best way can be to ask a question on a suitable platform.
Reply 6
Original post by BU Official Rep
Hi @Tiger2016 at Bournemouth University we have a smaller cohort for Paramedic Science, around 30 - 40 students, so each student gets a good amount of time with staff. We have an ambulance suite on site which is used by students regularly on the course - you can check this our on our Virtual Tour here: https://virtualtour.bournemouth.ac.uk/health-social-care/guided/health-social-care_tour/ambulance-simulation-suite

Hi, Thank you for replying to me. That's really helpful. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by TMedi
I believe UEA had around 50 last year iirc

Thank you that's helpful :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by BU Official Rep

Hi

Thank you, that's really helpful :smile:

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea
Hi there!

I'm happy to hear you're considering Surrey =)

For the most up-to-date information on class sizes, please contact our Admissions Team here. They will be able to inform you further and answer any additional questions that may pop up.

I hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

1. Bournemouth
2. Cumbria
3. East Anglia
4. Surrey
5. Swansea
Bournemouth told be the cohort was only 30 and when I went for my Swansea interview they said they taking a cohort of 68 for the first year I didn’t apply for the rest so idk
Hope this was helpful
-appleonly
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 11
Original post by appleonly
Bournemouth told be the cohort was only 30 and when I went for my Swansea interview they said they taking a cohort of 68 for the first year I didn’t apply for the rest so idk
Hope this was helpful
-appleonly
Hi! Thank you, this was helpful.
Bournemouth I was told is 35 at my interview yesterday, and I have just been offered a place to study there today!

Quick Reply

Latest