The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE business maths and statistics - am I a strong applicant?

Hey I'm just looking for some advice as to whether I should apply to LSE for the course named above.
>GCSES: 12A* 1A (A in music)
>AS studying: biology, chemistry, maths, economics (+ critical thinking) - predicted all As
>doing economics/statistics related EPQ

HOWEVER I AM NOT CURRENTLY STUDYING FURTHER MATHS - is this an issue? It does not specify this as a requirement.

Next year I plan to drop biology and replace it with an AS in further maths. This means I will have A level: chemistry, maths, economics, and AS further maths.

Would appreciate advice from anyone and especially people who know of anyone who has got an offer etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anoymous1111
Hey I'm just looking for some advice as to whether I should apply to LSE for the course named above.
>GCSES: 12A* 1A (A in music)
>AS studying: biology, chemistry, maths, economics (+ critical thinking) - predicted all As
>doing economics/statistics related EPQ

HOWEVER I AM NOT CURRENTLY STUDYING FURTHER MATHS - is this an issue? It does not specify this as a requirement.

Next year I plan to drop biology and replace it with an AS in further maths. This means I will have A level: chemistry, maths, economics, and AS further maths.

Would appreciate advice from anyone and especially people who know of anyone who has got an offer etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a thread further down the list about BMS at LSE that you might want to take a look at.

As for yourself, in all honesty nobody can say because it all depends on who else applies for BMS in 2016. If there are 30 odd candidates who LSE think are better suited to the course then you will not get an offer. There are people on here who have offers from top, top Unis like UCL & Bath but have been rejected from LSE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JamjamjamT
There is a thread further down the list about BMS at LSE that you might want to take a look at.

As for yourself, in all honesty nobody can say because it all depends on who else applies for BMS in 2016. If there are 30 odd candidates who LSE think are better suited to the course then you will not get an offer. There are people on here who have offers from top, top Unis like UCL & Bath but have been rejected from LSE.

Thanks. I can't find the other thread can you give me a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anoymous1111
Thanks. I can't find the other thread can you give me a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3130981

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending