The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Stranmillis offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mshaw212
I had my interview about 6 weeks ago in stranmillis too and still no word back from them, tho I have been told the longer the better? Is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah with Stran its usually the longer the better. Last year people got rejections a couple of weeks after their interview whereas people who got offers waited a month/2 months.

My interview last year was early February and I didn't get an offer until the very end of March/beginning of April.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by l'insegnante
Yeah with Stran its usually the longer the better. Last year people got rejections a couple of weeks after their interview whereas people who got offers waited a month/2 months.

My interview last year was early February and I didn't get an offer until the very end of March/beginning of April.

I have heard of more rejections today! :/
Original post by LauraElizabeth03
I have heard of more rejections today! :/

What were the rejections for? Early childhood and Primary? It's so frustrating waiting!
Original post by Banana139
What were the rejections for? Early childhood and Primary? It's so frustrating waiting!

All primary! I know what you mean. To think you have waited 2 months just to get rejected is so annoying!
Guys, Stran usually do rejections first then filter through maybes in order to sort out rejections/offers and then send out offers

Offers are based on interview and academic potential. However, someone with a poor interview and massive academic potential won't get an offer due to the interview being so important.

The longer you wait the better it is. Like I said, last year I waited upwards of 2 months before I got my offer.

Few words of advice to give you prior knowledge.
Post primary applicants ensure you are willing to work independently with little help. In the Education module primary and post primary are all together, but it's directed more to primary so PP have to do A LOT of reading/work independently. There is ongoing discussions about this but it's unlikely to change by the next academic year.
Be prepared for massive unorganisation within the college- nothing is ever done organised by Stran!
Post Primary- be prepared not to find out your placement until 2 days before you start! Sort out your own placement if possible!! Primary don't worry you will always be sorted with placement from like October.

Anyone doing PP RE you'll be in with my year group my modules. Years 1&2 have lectures together and do modulwa together, as do 3&4. This is specially RE only though. (Also for subsid English if you do it, all year groups are together due to it only starting this year and 2nd years moving to it and only 3 first years doing it, myself included). But don't worry we're all lovely and welcoming :smile:.

If anyone has any questions about stran feel free to ask me :smile:
Just to let you all know, a few offers have started to go out for Stranmillis
Reply 86

How do you know this?:smile:
Thanks for all your updates! Although your a post primary student and I've applied for Primary I'd still like to ask, if given the same opportunity now, would you still pick Stranmillis? What was it that really sealed the deal for you there? :smile:
For primary?!

Was the offers for Primary Education?
Think I'll just put my phone away now and have a few too many beers - I don't want to be stressing out on St.Patrick's Day!
Original post by Elle.B
How do you know this?:smile:
Thanks for all your updates! Although your a post primary student and I've applied for Primary I'd still like to ask, if given the same opportunity now, would you still pick Stranmillis? What was it that really sealed the deal for you there? :smile:

I have contacts :wink:

Yeah I would. Although it's disfunctional, it's a really lovely place! Everyone's like a big family especially because most people stay in halls. I love my course and the people on it with me which is a bonus! I've made some brilliant friends from all years and all courses.

I wanted to go there because both my RE teachers from school went there and they loved it. Also, I wanted to stay in NI. Also, I really liked the atmosphere and the modules :smile:
Was the offers for Primary Education?

A few primary, a few post primary and then quite a few early childhood and health and leisure
Reply 92
I have contacts :wink:

Yeah I would. Although it's disfunctional, it's a really lovely place! Everyone's like a big family especially because most people stay in halls. I love my course and the people on it with me which is a bonus! I've made some brilliant friends from all years and all courses.

I wanted to go there because both my RE teachers from school went there and they loved it. Also, I wanted to stay in NI. Also, I really liked the atmosphere and the modules :smile:

That's really good to hear! I've heard some mixed opinions from people who attended when they were younger so it's nice to hear feedback from someone who's currently there.
If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in NI are you from? My main concern is that I wouldn't get into halls as I live in Bangor, and having to live at home would be a major con against choosing stran as my firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle.B
That's really good to hear! I've heard some mixed opinions from people who attended when they were younger so it's nice to hear feedback from someone who's currently there.
If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in NI are you from? My main concern is that I wouldn't get into halls as I live in Bangor, and having to live at home would be a major con against choosing stran as my firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Londonderry,
Don't worry about that, Stranmillis do it on a first come first served basis (they don't do it by post code like elms :smile: )
There's a girl in my flat that's from literally 5 minutes from the uni haha
(edited 9 years ago)
A few primary, a few post primary and then quite a few early childhood and health and leisure

Do you know when they got their offers?
Do you know when they got their offers?

0-5 days ago
Reply 96
I got rejected from Early Childhood Studies, I'm still waiting for news on Primary Education. Has not getting Early Childhood decreased my chance of getting an offer for Primary?:/
Original post by jstar_x
I got rejected from Early Childhood Studies, I'm still waiting for news on Primary Education. Has not getting Early Childhood decreased my chance of getting an offer for Primary?:/

I would say you have got a good chance of being offered primary! I know loads of people who have got rejected for Early Years in the past but ended up getting offered Primary! It just means they think your more suited to Primary Teaching :smile:
Reply 98
[QUOTE=LauraElizabeth03;54365771]I would say you have got a good chance of being offered primary! I know loads of people who have got rejected for Early Years in the past but ended up getting offered Primary! It just means they think your more suited to Primary Teaching :smile:

I was so scared when it came through on track! Did you apply to Stran? All this waiting is killing me aha
Has anyone applied for Post Primary RE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending