The Student Room Group

Kings college London computer science

Hi I’m on a gap year. Would kings accept me for computer science with grades AAA for a contextual offer?
Original post by faista0
Hi I’m on a gap year. Would kings accept me for computer science with grades AAA for a contextual offer?

Well, AAA meets the contextual requirements (assuming one of those As is in Maths or Further Maths), so you certainly might receive an offer.

However, for Computer Science King's receive have more applicants who meet the requirements that they can make offers to, so there's no guarantee of an offer. They will also looks at your personal statement, academic reference, GCSEs, A level subjects, etc. when making a decision.
Hi, I got an offer from Kings that requires me to get AAA (contextual offer) a few days ago so yes they can give you an offer. But of course that depends on your personal statement and the rest of your application.
Original post by Cupcakecandy
Hi, I got an offer from Kings that requires me to get AAA (contextual offer) a few days ago so yes they can give you an offer. But of course that depends on your personal statement and the rest of your application.

do you have to apply for a contextual offer?
Original post by Anonymous683
do you have to apply for a contextual offer?

No you don't have to do anything. it gets flagged up itself on their system if you are eligible
No you don't have to do anything. it gets flagged up itself on their system if you are eligible

cool thank you

Do you mind sharing what your predicted grades are?
Congratulations btw!
Original post by BreadForce
Do you mind sharing what your predicted grades are?
Congratulations btw!

Thank you, A*AA Maths, Econ, Politics
Thank you, A*AA Maths, Econ, Politics

Thank you very much! Did you know before you applied whether King's considered you as a contextual candidate? UCL tells you exactly on heir website tool yes or no but King's and QMUL say you MIGHT be which is useless.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by DataVenia
Well, AAA meets the contextual requirements (assuming one of those As is in Maths or Further Maths), so you certainly might receive an offer.

However, for Computer Science King's receive have more applicants who meet the requirements that they can make offers to, so there's no guarantee of an offer. They will also looks at your personal statement, academic reference, GCSEs, A level subjects, etc. when making a decision.

If your predicted grades are better than their normal offer, is there any point in universities making you a contextual offer or will they always give you the contextual offer if you are eligible for it no matter how low their normal asking offers are?
Thank you very much! Did you know before you applied whether King's considered you as a contextual candidate? UCL tells you exactly on heir website tool yes or no but King's and QMUL say you MIGHT be which is useless.

I think if they say might be that means yes but I’m not entirely sure
If your predicted grades are better than their normal offer, is there any point in universities making you a contextual offer or will they always give you the contextual offer if you are eligible for it no matter how low their normal asking offers are?

Generally speaking, your predicted grades influence whether you receive an offer or not, but not what that offer is. The offer will almost certainly be the standard offer or the contextual offer, as appropriate.
Generally speaking, your predicted grades influence whether you receive an offer or not, but not what that offer is. The offer will almost certainly be the standard offer or the contextual offer, as appropriate.

I mean, if e.g. your predicted are AAA and standard offer is BBB and contextual BBC and you are eligible for a contextual offer, would you get a contextual in this case or the standard since your predicted are much better?
I mean, if e.g. your predicted are AAA and standard offer is BBB and contextual BBC and you are eligible for a contextual offer, would you get a contextual in this case or the standard since your predicted are much better?

I realise what you meant, and thought my post answered it clearly. I'll try again. :smile:

Whether or not you receive an contextual offer or not is influenced by whether or not you meet the contextual requirements (detailed here) for King's. Your predicted grades are irrelevant.

So, in your scenario where a contextual candidate is predicted AAA, that candidate would receive the contextual offer of BBC.
(edited 3 months ago)
I realise what you meant, and thought my post answered it clearly. I'll try again. :smile:

Whether or not you receive an contextual offer or not is influenced by whether or not you meet the contextual requirements (detailed here) for King's. Your predicted grades are irrelevant.

So, in your scenario where a contextual candidate is predicted AAA, that candidate would receive the contextual offer of BBC.

Ok, thank you, I really appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending