The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

buckingham vs queens belfast for medicine

I am an international student from Canada and I am torn on where to go for med school. On one hand, i am not a fan of buckingham having no summer holiday and a condensed program as it makes the curriculum much more challenging, on the other hand, I dont know if theres an advantage of doing med school in northern ireland vs england since I want to come back to canada once i am done med school. Any advice is appreciated.
I assume you are holding offers from each med school so will have visited for interview and got a feel for each place and choosing between them.
QUB medical programme is excellent and there are good teaching hospitals nearby. I don't know much of Buckingham but it doesn't sound like a lot of cramming to cover the content.
In terms of N Ireland or England - they are both UK and accredited by GMC. Accommodation costs would be less expensive in Belfast if that is a factor.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Don’t think that there’ll be much difference but i’ll say if u want to go back Canada a presume QUB is better since it’s in Russell group

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending