The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Accom and Application Help

I applied to Edinburgh and Queens Belfast for 24/25. Didn't expect an offer from Edinburgh but I received one about a week ago; it has made me reconsider a lot. I had my heart set on QUB but for the last month I've been researching more and joining online events for UofE and I'm so excited. However, Queen's has been really confusing me. They responded within a week to many of my friends with offers, including one who applied to a course in the same department as me. On top of that, Queen's asked for scanned copies of my AS and A Level certificates I have already received and all my GCSEs too but gave me a week to respond or they'd no longer consider my application - didn't know they could do this 🤷 I almost missed the email. Queen's accom is much cheaper than Edinburgh's and UofE's is selling out so quickly right now. All that's left are those above £200 a week which I CANNOT afford. It's a dream opportunity and I've worked so hard - I know I could do well at that university. There's an offer holders evening coming up in just over a week for Queen's (23/03/24) which makes me think they'll tell me before then. However, that leaves me with about a week to find the remaining accommodation. As you can tell I'm worried. To put it bluntly, I need Queen's to hurry up and update me 🤣. There are a few people I know that didn't receive an offer until a week before the deadline in May. Honestly I can't wait that long, I need to secure Accomodation for either of these Unis. Is there a way I could urge QUB to respond quicker without making them think I don't care about them? I truly love Queen's, I just need clarification so I don't waste my time only to then be turned away. Time is ticking ⏱️🤕
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied to Edinburgh and Queens Belfast for 24/25. Didn't expect an offer from Edinburgh but I received one about a week ago; it has made me reconsider a lot. I had my heart set on QUB but for the last month I've been researching more and joining online events for UofE and I'm so excited. However, Queen's has been really confusing me. They responded within a week to many of my friends with offers, including one who applied to a course in the same department as me. On top of that, Queen's asked for scanned copies of my AS and A Level certificates I have already received and all my GCSEs too but gave me a week to respond or they'd no longer consider my application - didn't know they could do this 🤷 I almost missed the email. Queen's accom is much cheaper than Edinburgh's and UofE's is selling out so quickly right now. All that's left are those above £200 a week which I CANNOT afford. It's a dream opportunity and I've worked so hard - I know I could do well at that university. There's an offer holders evening coming up in just over a week for Queen's (23/03/24) which makes me think they'll tell me before then. However, that leaves me with about a week to find the remaining accommodation. As you can tell I'm worried. To put it bluntly, I need Queen's to hurry up and update me 🤣. There are a few people I know that didn't receive an offer until a week before the deadline in May. Honestly I can't wait that long, I need to secure Accomodation for either of these Unis. Is there a way I could urge QUB to respond quicker without making them think I don't care about them? I truly love Queen's, I just need clarification so I don't waste my time only to then be turned away. Time is ticking ⏱️🤕
Hiya, I’m in a really similar position! I’m really struggling at the minute to choose between Queens and University of Edinburgh. I wasn’t really expecting to get an offer from Edinburgh and have been thinking of Queens for ages as it’s closer to home but now am totally confused as I love Edinburgh too! Hope Queens get back to you soon!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I’m in a similar situation waiting for QUB! Have you heard anything yet? Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a way to hurry them up - some people hear back super quickly and others wait months and months :,). However, both Edinburgh and QUB guarantee accommodation if you apply before end of June (QUB)/end of July (Edinburgh) so you shouldn’t miss out, even if you don’t hear from QUB until the May deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending