The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Anyone heard from Queen’s University Belfast?

I applied to QUB over a month ago (undergrad Sep 2024) and have not heard back yet. I’m not sure if I’m just being impatient, but I heard back from 3 other unis within the first week of sending my application so not sure if it’s a bad sign that I haven’t heard from Queens yet! I’m not in college anymore so I don’t know what the average wait is to hear back from unis.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied to QUB over a month ago (undergrad Sep 2024) and have not heard back yet. I’m not sure if I’m just being impatient, but I heard back from 3 other unis within the first week of sending my application so not sure if it’s a bad sign that I haven’t heard from Queens yet! I’m not in college anymore so I don’t know what the average wait is to hear back from unis.

QUB is indeed quite slow compared to other universities. I applied in late Sep, only to hear back from QUB on 14th Nov saying that my application had finally been received. The other choices responded to me almost within a week as well. I got interview invitation from QUB in mid December. So I guess late replies isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just that they're slow. Hope it helps!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
I agree Queens take ages and for me was one of the last to hear from around may time after my interview was in early feb.They probably wont respond minimum unti after the 31st Jan deadline.I really hope u hear soon as i can remember how awful the wait is and all the very best of luck:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
QUB is indeed quite slow compared to other universities. I applied in late Sep, only to hear back from QUB on 14th Nov saying that my application had finally been received. The other choices responded to me almost within a week as well. I got interview invitation from QUB in mid December. So I guess late replies isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's just that they're slow. Hope it helps!

Thank you so much for this! Makes sense, I’ll wait until the deadline has passed and then hopefully I’ll hear back
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
I agree Queens take ages and for me was one of the last to hear from around may time after my interview was in early feb.They probably wont respond minimum unti after the 31st Jan deadline.I really hope u hear soon as i can remember how awful the wait is and all the very best of luck:smile:

Yes the wait is awful! Thank you for your reply - I’ll keep an eye out closer to the deadline then :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you so much for this! Makes sense, I’ll wait until the deadline has passed and then hopefully I’ll hear back

No worries! Wish you will get the offer from Queen's!

I got an offer a few weeks ago for chemistry, what are you applying for?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3

Congratulations! I’m applying for Management

I applied for Politics on the 5th of December and heard back on the 11th of December with an offer. So they responded quite fast for me.
Original post by Anonymous #3

Congrats
I heard back in early january for an offer from film
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #5
I heard back in early january for an offer from film

Congratulations!! I still haven’t heard anything so I’m thinking it’s probably not looking too good…
Also anyone want added to our QUB group chat on snap just send me a private message
there is a group on facebook for Queens Uni applicants btw :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/queensuniversityfreshers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending