The Student Room Group

As biology ocr revision thread

Hi anyone ready for unit 1 ? (as biology ocr)
or started revising?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by coolgamer
Hi anyone ready for unit 1 ? (as biology ocr)
or started revising?

Hi, i'm revising unit 1 how far are you from finishing unit 2?:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by eff10101
Hi, i'm revising unit 1 how far are you from finishing unit 2?:smile:

Unit 2 just finished enzymes I might start biodiversity by my self
how are you revising for unit 1 and is it effective ? I'm just making mind maps on enzymes as it is a big topic
Reply 3
Anyone else ready for unit 1 and is there any topics u find difficult?? And how are u revising?
Reply 4
Well I've finished the enzymes topicc, started a little bi on bio diversity, and gonna start unit 1 today as well.
Anyone else ready for unit 1 and is there any topics u find difficult?? And how are u revising?

unit 1 isn't that much hassle, Im reading the text book then doing past papers for today. Ill then start unit 2
Reply 6
Original post by Angelo12231
unit 1 isn't that much hassle, Im reading the text book then doing past papers for today. Ill then start unit 2

How much unit 2 have u done at school?
Reply 7
Original post by Aleenaa
Well I've finished the enzymes topicc, started a little bi on bio diversity, and gonna start unit 1 today as well.

Have you done food and health and how are you revising?
Reply 8
Unit 2 just finished enzymes I might start biodiversity by my self
how are you revising for unit 1 and is it effective ? I'm just making mind maps on enzymes as it is a big topic

I write down key points and then do a few past papers

We're up to classification
Reply 10
Original post by Angelo12231
We're up to classification

Wow have you done food and health?
Wow have you done food and health?

We have... it was all very rushed though :tongue:
Reply 12
oh wow. since there are no January exams, our school is doing both units together. for module 2, we are starting biodiversity after the holidays. for unit 1, due to the fact that my teacher is lazy and hardly shows up to the lessons, we are only on the lungs. im extremely worried that we will not be able to get through all of the contents by Easter

i averaged out B's for my january mocks. i was wondering, do you guys think that now is the perfect time to start revising for my summer exams as i would like to get A's. im currently studying chemistry,biology and maths.
Reply 13
My school did the AS Biology mocks for unit 1, as we have all finished that for a while now. I have personally kept revising it and, like in the mock, when completing past papers get 55+/60 so I'm fine with that now. Until the real paper I will just keep doing past papers and going over anything I forget, seems like the best way for me.

However, on unit 2 it feels like we're a bit behind as we're only about half way in of module 2 of unit 2, so i've read ahead and made notes. I'm only just starting past papers on unit 2 which will be useful as i'll see what sort of stuff they want and the kind of detail. Even if we're not behind, it feels quite rushed, especially compared to how we went through unit 1.

My school finished mathematics at christmas, chemistry about three weeks ago and physics will be finished during the week we're back from this half term, however with biology we still seem to have a good amount of content to get through! Just makes me a bit worried.
Reply 14
Original post by Jmedi
My school did the AS Biology mocks for unit 1, as we have all finished that for a while now. I have personally kept revising it and, like in the mock, when completing past papers get 55+/60 so I'm fine with that now. Until the real paper I will just keep doing past papers and going over anything I forget, seems like the best way for me.

However, on unit 2 it feels like we're a bit behind as we're only about half way in of module 2 of unit 2, so i've read ahead and made notes. I'm only just starting past papers on unit 2 which will be useful as i'll see what sort of stuff they want and the kind of detail. Even if we're not behind, it feels quite rushed, especially compared to how we went through unit 1.

My school finished mathematics at christmas, chemistry about three weeks ago and physics will be finished during the week we're back from this half term, however with biology we still seem to have a good amount of content to get through! Just makes me a bit worried.

Me 2 we just finished module 1 of unit 2 and took time and I understand it did exams questions and moves for unit 2 but still go 2 more modules to cover so I decided to make notes on biodiversity as I learn food and disease at school. At the moment I'm revising unit 1 trying to memorize and make flash cards and maybe later do exam questions.
Reply 15
Original post by shuksz
oh wow. since there are no January exams, our school is doing both units together. for module 2, we are starting biodiversity after the holidays. for unit 1, due to the fact that my teacher is lazy and hardly shows up to the lessons, we are only on the lungs. im extremely worried that we will not be able to get through all of the contents by Easter

i averaged out B's for my january mocks. i was wondering, do you guys think that now is the perfect time to start revising for my summer exams as i would like to get A's. im currently studying chemistry,biology and maths.

I suggest you start revising now maybe start of with the topics in unit 1 you are not confident or find difficult to understand
Reply 16
Her are some resources you guys can use : just type into google
asbiology101
biotutor

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1296764
use specification
and pls share any useful links
also YouTube videos
Reply 17

We have done the biodiversity section, we have done the biochemistry section (the longest module of Unit 2) and we just need to do food and health section, which shouldn't be too bad. You?
Reply 18
Original post by BIOCH3M
We have done the biodiversity section, we have done the biochemistry section (the longest module of Unit 2) and we just need to do food and health section, which shouldn't be too bad. You?

Still got biodiversity and food and health to do :frown:
might start doing biodiversity on my own
if I have any questions on biodiversity will you help me ?
Reply 19
I was wondering how you guys are doing with coursework and any of you going to juniper hall next month

Quick Reply