The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Official Rep Q&A - Here to help

Scroll to see replies

Hello I notice on the university website it states that for the medicine course Biology, Chemistry and 'one other academic subject' is required at IB HL. Is psychology considered an academic subject?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by RhiRhiT
Hello I notice on the university website it states that for the medicine course Biology, Chemistry and 'one other academic subject' is required at IB HL. Is psychology considered an academic subject?

Hi there!

Yes, Psychology would be considered as an academic subject - so if you are studying this you will be fine to meet the requirements :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
hi i was just wondering how i find out how long the uni accomodation i apply for should be, 38 weeks, 41 weeks etc.(im applying for computer science)
Original post by rafiahn
hi i was just wondering how i find out how long the uni accomodation i apply for should be, 38 weeks, 41 weeks etc.(im applying for computer science)

If you're an undergraduate, you should go for the shorter contract, unless your course requires a longer residency in halls.
Original post by rafiahn

Hi there!

As Sandtrooper has pointed out, 38 weeks will be fine for your course, only very few courses required the longer contract. Of course if you wish to stay longer then go for the longer one by all means!

Hi, I am an international student and has been studying in the UK since Year 10. I took GCSE with grade 5 in English and was recently rejected by your physiotherapy course for reason not meet minimum GCSE which require a level 6 in English. As I am an international student, I intend to use ielts result which is pending. Why I am assessed on GCSE results but not A level + ielts? There can be improvement.
Original post by batika
Hi, I am an international student and has been studying in the UK since Year 10. I took GCSE with grade 5 in English and was recently rejected by your physiotherapy course for reason not meet minimum GCSE which require a level 6 in English. As I am an international student, I intend to use ielts result which is pending. Why I am assessed on GCSE results but not A level + ielts? There can be improvement.

Hi there,

I belief that if you have been studying in the UK since Year 10 it is expected that you would have the required home (UK) standards for the application. Therefore, it might be the case that you have not met the GCSE grade target. However, I cannot confirm this as decisions on applications are made by the department for a variety of reasons. I would recommend contacting the department for clarifications on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending