The Student Room Group

Tickets to sold out concert

How do I get tickets to a sold out concert? Are there any special tips/stories you guys have?
Reply 1
It depends on who is playing and where they are playing. Although the major options are;

1) Secondary sale sites, either buying from touts or people who bought tickets but now can't go.
2) Keep an eye on the artists social media channels, its very common to see people say they are selling tickets as they can't make it.
3) Turn up at the venue and see if anyone is selling outside.
4) Wait and see if anymore tickets get released.

1 is the where you are most likely to find tickets. However the price increase can range from minor to massive. 3 is an option mostly for larger shows and 4 will only really happen with major concerts.
Original post by Devel
It depends on who is playing and where they are playing. Although the major options are;

1) Secondary sale sites, either buying from touts or people who bought tickets but now can't go.
2) Keep an eye on the artists social media channels, its very common to see people say they are selling tickets as they can't make it.
3) Turn up at the venue and see if anyone is selling outside.
4) Wait and see if anymore tickets get released.

1 is the where you are most likely to find tickets. However the price increase can range from minor to massive. 3 is an option mostly for larger shows and 4 will only really happen with major concerts.

Thanks for the help. It's Ben Howard at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

I did email the venue and they said that closer to the event, the event promoter may release unused tickets but it is not always guaranteed. D'you reckon this pretty much means yes?
Reply 3
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Thanks for the help. It's Ben Howard at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

I did email the venue and they said that closer to the event, the event promoter may release unused tickets but it is not always guaranteed. D'you reckon this pretty much means yes?

In the past I haven't noticed any indicators that more will be released. It just happens sometimes.

Did they tell you it was sold out? There seems to be some official sites selling tickets still.
Reply 4
Touts usually linger outside the venue. It is a risk but I've managed to upgrade to a standing ticket doing it once.
Original post by Devel
In the past I haven't noticed any indicators that more will be released. It just happens sometimes.

Did they tell you it was sold out? There seems to be some official sites selling tickets still.

They're all rubbish seated ones. If I can't get any standing ones a bit closer to the event, I'll probably get those.
Reply 6
They're all rubbish seated ones. If I can't get any standing ones a bit closer to the event, I'll probably get those.

That makes sense. I'd just keep an eye out on both the venues social media channels and Ben Howards until then. If you hold off the resale sites price might go down as the concert gets closer if no one buys them.
Original post by Devel
That makes sense. I'd just keep an eye out on both the venues social media channels and Ben Howards until then. If you hold off the resale sites price might go down as the concert gets closer if no one buys them.

Managed to nab some extra standing tickets that were released yesterday. Cheers for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Managed to nab some extra standing tickets that were released yesterday. Cheers for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a good time!

Quick Reply

Latest