The Student Room Group

Struggling between seated and standing at a concert

Hi!

I'm thinking of going to see 5 Seconds of Summer, and I have the options of buying standing tickets via (trusted) resale, or just taking seated.

The pricing structure means the cheapest seats are only £10-£20 (depending on fees) cheaper than general admission standing, and the next best seats are the same price as standing. The next ones up from those are the best non-VIP seats, but they're sold out, lol.

I've only been to one concert before, which I had the cheapest seats for. I did have a great time, but I'm not sure if standing might give me a better experience for this one.

VIP standing is out of my budget, but does get earlier access to the venue. I could arrive maybe 1-2 hours before doors open, but I definitely can't camp out or anything to get to the front of the queue, haha. Is standing still worth it, even if I'm not at the front?

Can anyone give me any points to consider, or any recommendations - even if it's just why you love/hate one or the other!

Original post by TeacupAndTragedy
Hi!

I'm thinking of going to see 5 Seconds of Summer, and I have the options of buying standing tickets via (trusted) resale, or just taking seated.

The pricing structure means the cheapest seats are only £10-£20 (depending on fees) cheaper than general admission standing, and the next best seats are the same price as standing. The next ones up from those are the best non-VIP seats, but they're sold out, lol.

I've only been to one concert before, which I had the cheapest seats for. I did have a great time, but I'm not sure if standing might give me a better experience for this one.

VIP standing is out of my budget, but does get earlier access to the venue. I could arrive maybe 1-2 hours before doors open, but I definitely can't camp out or anything to get to the front of the queue, haha. Is standing still worth it, even if I'm not at the front?

Can anyone give me any points to consider, or any recommendations - even if it's just why you love/hate one or the other!

Id personally go for seated. But thats just my opinion. Im short though, so that may have affected my decision.
Consider how long the concert is and whether you want to stand up for that length of time...especially if you're going to be standing in line for an hour or more beforehand.
Original post by TeacupAndTragedy
Hi!

I'd normally go for seated. However, when I saw Coldplay recently most people were standing (dancing) even at seated seats. It's a bit like a wave at seated seats because if people stand infront of you in seated seats, then you can't really see (so you end up standing anyway).
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
God I hate seated gigs.

Quick Reply

Latest