The Student Room Group

attire for lecture

what do ppl inn uk uni wear for lectures?
jeans? jumpers? FORMAL attire? can girls wear skirts? shorts? tank tops?
Formal attire is completely unnecessary and you'd just look out of place. Just wear normal clothes.
you can wear whatever you want, though you will look a bit odd in formal wear. Seriously though, jeans, skirts, hoodies, dresses, anything goes. once we all wore onesies for charity :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything casual & comfy :smile:
Original post by Odd socks
you can wear whatever you want, though you will look a bit odd in formal wear. Seriously though, jeans, skirts, hoodies, dresses, anything goes. once we all wore onesies for charity :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I was just wondering as I'm an international student going for further study in the uk. being out of place is the last thing I want,thus the question. skirt,how short is acceptable? two there inches above the knee okay? is tights or pantyhose a must? are bare legs considered rude? are you from uk? sorry for so many questions.
Original post by words_of_heartss
oh I was just wondering as I'm an international student going for further study in the uk. being out of place is the last thing I want,thus the question. skirt,how short is acceptable? two there inches above the knee okay? is tights or pantyhose a must? are bare legs considered rude? are you from uk? sorry for so many questions.

You can probably choose not to wear a skirt at all and people will probably just let you be.
Original post by IcEmAn911

That's for sixth form.

At university, it's:

At least that's how people at Oxford dress as.

And yes, some people hire little boys to carry their gowns.
Original post by clh_hilary
That's for sixth form.

At university, it's:

At least that's how people at Oxford dress as.

And yes, some people hire little boys to carry their gowns.

touché :colone:
:confused::confused:
Original post by IcEmAn911

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: i dont get it. what are you suggesting by sending me this picture?
Original post by clh_hilary
You can probably choose not to wear a skirt at all and people will probably just let you be.

but but the reason i am asking is cuz i wanna wear a skirt. :colondollar::frown:
:confused::confused:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: i dont get it. what are you suggesting by sending me this picture?

I will leave this for your imagination :colondollar:
but but the reason i am asking is cuz i wanna wear a skirt. :colondollar::frown:

You can wear one with any length you want.
Wear anything casual and comfy :smile: you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any length of skirt is fine. Tights are great for the cold UK weather but never a must. Bare legs are never considered rude. Just wear what you'd wear to go and hang out with friends as it's a very casual setting. I'm from the UK. :smile:

Tights/pantyhose always a must with a skirt. Looks great. Above knee 2” is perfect still classy.
You're taking this way too seriously. You can wear anything. Nobody cares how short your skirt os or how low your top is. As long as you're comfortable. It's literally just casual wear

Quick Reply

Latest