The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a_jawaid98
I did R&J and P&P and the theme question for the former was terrible! I really think I messed up on that :frown: anyone else have Romeo and Juliet?

What did you think about P&P? I went for the non-character question but I'm slightly worried as everyone seems to have gone for the other one..
Original post by thefoodieteen
What did you think about P&P? I went for the non-character question but I'm slightly worried as everyone seems to have gone for the other one..

I went for ambition too! It was alright, but the main thing was recovering from the shock of how awful both sets of questions were :tongue: I ended up writing about advantageous marriages and climbing up the social hierarchy, how about you?
I went for ambition too! It was alright, but the main thing was recovering from the shock of how awful both sets of questions were :tongue: I ended up writing about advantageous marriages and climbing up the social hierarchy, how about you?

Phew - someone else! I know the feeling about the terrible questions.. what on Earth is there to even write about Charlotte?! I wrote quite a bit about marriage and Austen's criticism of it and linked to gender inequality/Primogeniture movement, then I finished the essay by adding in a little about how Austen portrays Elizabeth's ambitions as overcoming class and societal mores.. hopefully that'll be decent! To be completely honest I can hardly remember what I wrote, it was a bit of a rush!
Phew - someone else! I know the feeling about the terrible questions.. what on Earth is there to even write about Charlotte?! I wrote quite a bit about marriage and Austen's criticism of it and linked to gender inequality/Primogeniture movement, then I finished the essay by adding in a little about how Austen portrays Elizabeth's ambitions as overcoming class and societal mores.. hopefully that'll be decent! To be completely honest I can hardly remember what I wrote, it was a bit of a rush!

Wow that sounds really good!! that Charlotte Lucas question was just terrible!! I did pride and prejudice second, and had time left over brcaus I rushed 😂 i hope the grade boundaries are low because I completely messed up the Romeo and Juliet question (it was: explain the importance of where the scenes are set in the play) how awful is that!?
Wow that sounds really good!! that Charlotte Lucas question was just terrible!! I did pride and prejudice second, and had time left over brcaus I rushed 😂 i hope the grade boundaries are low because I completely messed up the Romeo and Juliet question (it was: explain the importance of where the scenes are set in the play) how awful is that!?

It wasn't good, I can tell you that! I was really expecting a question on marriage so I managed to use a few of those points and adapt them...

Lucky you having time left! I was writing until the very last second which isn't great either... the invigilator was literally standing over me! I think the boundaries should be low because the questions were difficult all over the paper.

Oof, scenes sounds terrible! I did a theme one for TIOBE which was unexpected and really difficult!
It wasn't good, I can tell you that! I was really expecting a question on marriage so I managed to use a few of those points and adapt them...

Lucky you having time left! I was writing until the very last second which isn't great either... the invigilator was literally standing over me! I think the boundaries should be low because the questions were difficult all over the paper.

Oof, scenes sounds terrible! I did a theme one for TIOBE which was unexpected and really difficult!

I think it was a hard series of questions then. I hate when they do that! Don't worry about it it I'm sure it went alright 👍
I did R&J and P&P and the theme question for the former was terrible! I really think I messed up on that :frown: anyone else have Romeo and Juliet?

You know it :wink:
Original post by MohonaD
You know it :wink:

You had the same ones? Coincidence?!
You had the same ones? Coincidence?!

I think not, maybe it was written in the stars :biggrin:

A*s
[QUOTE="thefoodieteen;55919517"]
Original post by sunnyrays07

Oh no! At least you got there :smile:

True! Can you imagine if I didn't? It's actually scaring me. I'm checking and re-checking over my timetable again and again. Guess you learn from your mistakes
Do you guys reckon that if I:

1. stated and explained techniques used by the writers
2. stated and explained the effects on the reader
3. related some quotes to the social/historical context

Can I get at least a C? What else needed to be done?

Same im so scared because i chose the same question as you did for Romeo and Juliet however i asked few people and they said i have done it wrong. Im so scared because i think i may have read the question wrong. What were we meant to talk about for that question?
Original post by Mstr_Kenzo
Same im so scared because i chose the same question as you did for Romeo and Juliet however i asked few people and they said i have done it wrong. Im so scared because i think i may have read the question wrong. What were we meant to talk about for that question?

if it's any consolation i too misinterpreted the question and wrote complete rubbish. we were supposed to talk about like public and private settings, and verona vs mantua kinda stuff. i really dont think ive done well
if it's any consolation i too misinterpreted the question and wrote complete rubbish. we were supposed to talk about like public and private settings, and verona vs mantua kinda stuff. i really dont think ive done well

i wrote basically 4 pages about important scene during the play for example the fight between tybalt and mercurtio , thumb biting , the lovers death in the end and i wrote everything that happend in the scene and explained how it was a key factor/important during the play. Im literally crapping myself now..
Do you think we could still pickup some marks? :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mstr_Kenzo
i wrote basically 4 pages about important scene during the play for example the fight between tybalt and mercurtio , thumb biting , the lovers death in the end and i wrote everything that happend in the scene and explained how it was a key factor/important during the play. Im literally crapping myself now..
Do you think we could still pickup some marks? :frown:

I wrote about how the position of different scenes eg at star of play or end are important, complete wrong end of the question, but I think we'll get some marks hopefully
How are you all revsing for poetry? Are you just learning your notes again and the analysis?
Is anyone doing paper 2 poetry? I'm having it tmr..
Original post by death gazer
Anyone have the 2015 edexcel igcse markscheme please?!

Same here! anyone has it??
Doing the paper...no marking scheme...predictions?
Reply 39
Really hope 'Prayer before birth' doesn't come up!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending