The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lubna1998
Could someone mark my response (relationships)? If you can, quote me and I'll PM the essay to you :smile:

Sure!
Does anyone have a mnemonic for comparing the two poems, like how to actually write it? (eg PEAR for the first exam)
conflict cluster predictions?:wink:
Original post by MIST_123
Is anyone else here doing the GCSE AQA English Literature Unit 1 (18/05/15) and Unit 2 (22/05/15) exam?

I study An Inspector Calls for Section A and Of Mice and Men for Section B of the Unit 1 Exam. Does anyone have any predictions for both of the sections (like what characters are likely to come up)?

For Potery (Unit 2) I study Relationships Potery. I have feeling that it could be To His Coy Mistress.

Also does anyone know what poems and characters for AIC and OMAM came up for the June 2014 paper? :smile:

my teachers seem to think To His Coy Mistress will come up on AQA paper, so would it be a good idea to focus on that?
Original post by hhhlll22
my teachers seem to think To His Coy Mistress will come up on AQA paper, so would it be a good idea to focus on that?

Yesss! Watch the Mr Bruff videos! Amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11Jason11
Two of these poems will come up in the Conflict Poetry
1. 'Flag' by John Agard
2. 'The Right Word' by Robert Minhinnick
3. 'Belfast Confetti' by Ciaran Carson
4. 'Bayonet Charge' by Ted Hughes
5. 'The Falling Leaves' by Margaret Postgate Cole

Extra Info
I am 85% certain that one of these 5 poems will be in the exam. As AQA have a pattern with their poetry in the english literature- they ask two different conflict poems every year, and the ones above are the 5 poems that AQA have not used
Get revising key themes in each poem
Know your language features and the types of rhyme
I am not responsible if none of these poems show up, hence the '85% certain' although it is very likely.

Good Luck :smile:

Flag is only on foundation and my teacher said that they have used all of the poems so it could literally be any one of the conflict poems
Original post by Conor1998
Flag is only on foundation and my teacher said that they have used all of the poems so it could literally be any one of the conflict poems

Have you checked the past papers? I have, I have counted 5 they have not used in the higher tier paper
Examinations from 2015 changes:
Section A ‘Named’ poems There is no change to the content of the fourMoon on the Tides poetry clusters. However, from2015 any of the 15 poems from each cluster couldbe named on either tier of the examination.
Any ideas on how you are supposed to structure your answer to get the best possible grade in the poetry. Also in the aqa AIC and OMAM, if you talk about language, structure and form then what mark/grade are you guaranteed if that is possible. Of course, you would also talk about context in 0MAM.
Anyone doing characters & voices. Brendan Gallacher is the only poem which hasn't come up at all in both foundation and Higher.

Does anyone have any resources to help with structure? My English teacher is a new student one and she is completely useless.
With conflict poetry, there are 3 poems which haven't come up
1. Flag
2. The Right Word
3. The Falling Leaves

At least one of these will come up
Original post by Diascott
With conflict poetry, there are 3 poems which haven't come up
1. Flag
2. The Right Word
3. The Falling Leaves

At least one of these will come up

Are you 100% sure? AQA can trick us by re-doing a poem.
Two of these poems will come up in the Conflict Poetry
1. 'Flag' by John Agard
2. 'The Right Word' by Robert Minhinnick
3. 'Belfast Confetti' by Ciaran Carson
4. 'Bayonet Charge' by Ted Hughes
5. 'The Falling Leaves' by Margaret Postgate Cole

Extra Info
I am 85% certain that one of these 5 poems will be in the exam. As AQA have a pattern with their poetry in the english literature- they ask two different conflict poems every year, and the ones above are the 5 poems that AQA have not used
Get revising key themes in each poem
Know your language features and the types of rhyme
I am not responsible if none of these poems show up, hence the '85% certain' although it is very likely.
Reply 593
Original post by missdecember
Examinations from 2015 changes:
Section A ‘Named’ poems There is no change to the content of the fourMoon on the Tides poetry clusters. However, from2015 any of the 15 poems from each cluster couldbe named on either tier of the examination.

Yh i heard about this as well, and i think because of the change, one of the poems will be out of these three.
The other poem i think will be Belfast Confetti or Bayonet Charge as 11Jason11 said above......
Will they give us a spare unwritten copy of the anthology book, or do we have to remember the poems?
Reply 595
has manhunt or nettles ever come up in higher?
Original post by huzza
has manhunt or nettles ever come up in higher?

Both came up in June 2011
Reply 597
Anyone got any ideas as to what could come up for the relationship topic?
Reply 598
Original post by roshanmcdoshan
Both came up in June 2011

oh right ok its just because aqa hasnt got the june 2011 paper up but thanks
Reply 599
Original post by aadam09
Anyone got any ideas as to what could come up for the relationship topic?

i think it is definatley to his coy mistress for higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending