The Student Room Group

A Level English Lit Edexcel - Twelfth Night

predictions
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by flower747
Hiya,
Out of all my papers for English I am the least confident with the Twelfth Night section. I find that when I plan essays I tend to be stuck at around Level 3/4 and need to be in the top band (level 5). Does anyone have any exemplar essays for twelfth night I could read or any revision help? :smile:

I know the exam is today, cause I'm doing it, but I used these links:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/English-Literature/2015/Exam-materials/9ET0_01_pef_20190815.pdf (Ghttps://www.yorknotes.com/alevel/english-literature/twelfth-night-new/sample-answers/your-assessment/20_candidate1
https://www.yorknotes.com/alevel/english-literature/twelfth-night-new/sample-answers/your-assessment/20_candidate1
Reply 3
thanks! what are your predictions?

You're welcome

I'm was thinking:
- Olivia
- Town vs Country
- Orsino
- Theme of Morality
- Maybe Andrew (just a fun prediction) :smile:

Hbu?
Reply 4
how would you do town v. country? im hoping for Orsino, or maybe something about excess, melancholy or carnivalesque
Original post by tigerbite
You're welcome

I'm was thinking:
- Olivia
- Town vs Country
- Orsino
- Theme of Morality
- Maybe Andrew (just a fun prediction) :smile:

Hbu?

I really hope they do a main character question I think Andrew would be so limited
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
how would you do town v. country? im hoping for Orsino, or maybe something about excess, melancholy or carnivalesque

I really hope they do a main character question I think Andrew would be so limited

Town vs Country would focus on Jack and Earnest, the scenery, and Cecily v Gwendolyn.
I would love if I got the carnivalesque (festival comedy) type of question.
Reply 6
the questions are meant to be less narrow then last year so hopefully won't get the 'town v. country' question lol, I would LOVE Orsino to come up that's what im praying for
Town vs Country would focus on Jack and Earnest, the scenery, and Cecily v Gwendolyn.
Reply 7

im confused are you not referencing 'the important of being earnest' with Cecily v. Gwendolyn and Jack and Earnest? none of that's in twelfth night
Reply 8
im confused are you not referencing 'the important of being earnest' with Cecily v. Gwendolyn and Jack and Earnest? none of that's in twelfth night

Oh yeah I'm sorry😂 This must be a sign I need to take a break from revising. Definitely ignore Town vs Country
Reply 9
no worries!! had a slight moment of panic seeing that thinking that id missed a huge part of twelfth night or something lol, either way good luck with today!!!
Oh yeah I'm sorry😂 This must be a sign I need to take a break from revising. Definitely ignore Town vs Country
Reply 10
no worries!! had a slight moment of panic seeing that thinking that id missed a huge part of twelfth night or something lol, either way good luck with today!!!

You too!
Reply 11
omg how did you find it
You too!
Reply 12
omg how did you find it

I think I liked it😂😂 it was weird fun but only the twelfth night question. I did no. 16 about clothing and costumes and I found it hard but like it started progessing.
Hbu?
Reply 13
omg I hated the clothing question, I loved the shifting moods question but was surprised that they didn't do a solid theme or character
I think I liked it😂😂 it was weird fun but only the twelfth night question. I did no. 16 about clothing and costumes and I found it hard but like it started progessing.
Hbu?
Reply 14
omg I hated the clothing question, I loved the shifting moods question but was surprised that they didn't do a solid theme or character

Me too! Likevirtually all the questions for papers have a theme or a character. Not that much about mood/atmosphere or clothing.
Reply 15
yeh it was not a nice paper in all honesty
Me too! Likevirtually all the questions for papers have a theme or a character. Not that much about mood/atmosphere or clothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending