The Student Room Group

A-level English Language and Literature Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level English Language and Literature Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA -English Language and Literature 7707

Edexcel - English Language and Literature 9ELO

OCR - English Language and Literature (EMC) H474

Eduqas WJEC - English Language and Literature

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Original post by Evil Homer

Once again, thank you so much!
Oooo
Reply 5
> What exam board are you on?
Edexcel

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
Streetcar, WH/Romantic poetry

> What areas are you struggling with a little?
Voices anthology and unseen prose

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Not many, found a few videos on youtube
Reply 6
ocr
<a href=
If anyone did Ccea and needs any help I just finished my a levels :smile:
Y'all who are doing Poems of the Decade, specifically The Lammas Hireling, do you think it is too much of a stretch to connect the title of a 'hireling' with the concept of a changeling? I say this because:
1. Language-wise they rhyme / not too far off phonetically
2. A changeling is essentially what the hireling is?
I could expand more but I just wanted to see what other students think about this. Thanks!
Reply 10
What did you do for the essay comparison?
Hi everyone! :smile:

How is the English revision going? Got any tips or tricks you'd like to share here? Anything you're specifically finding tough?

A Level English Language and Literature Study Group

A Level English Language and Literature Study Group,

Hi yall

I do AQA English Lit and Lang (7707/1) right now I'm trying to perfect my y12 work on the Telling stories: Remembered places, Paris. I'm struggling with the comparison of the two texts and how to coherently express/ develop my argument. I would really benefit from some advice from people doing the same course, I am still bordering a low level 4 trying to push it up into level 5.
Anyone doing ocr?
Reply 14
hi all, anyone doing edexcel english lit and lang? anyone got any predicted questions (what anthology text+all my sons predictions) and the great gatsby ?
Original post by sebmilm123
hi all, anyone doing edexcel english lit and lang? anyone got any predicted questions (what anthology text+all my sons predictions) and the great gatsby ?

I am doing the Edexcel English Lang/Lit A-Level, and my teachers believe that it’s going to be one of the speech texts - The King’s Speech, Possibly Diana interview (controversial) or it could be about the Iran/Iraq war (sorry trying to remember off the top of my head the texts).
Can’t help with the books as we have done Dracula and Twelfth Night then A Streetcar Named Desire for the play
Reply 16
Original post by SeizeTheStory
I am doing the Edexcel English Lang/Lit A-Level, and my teachers believe that it’s going to be one of the speech texts - The King’s Speech, Possibly Diana interview (controversial) or it could be about the Iran/Iraq war (sorry trying to remember off the top of my head the texts).
Can’t help with the books as we have done Dracula and Twelfth Night then A Streetcar Named Desire for the play

oh okay no worries! yeh, my teacher said it prob won’t be a diary or a reportage! that’s helpful, thanks! do you have insta so we can talk about it? my insta is seb_millam18.
does anyone else do OCR and have any predictions for the papers? :smile:
Reply 18
Hi what books are you doing under OCR, I do Measure for Measure, Paradise Lost and A Dolls House and have a pretty good guess and what Measure for Measure may be on
Original post by el265
Hi what books are you doing under OCR, I do Measure for Measure, Paradise Lost and A Dolls House and have a pretty good guess and what Measure for Measure may be on

I do The Great Gatsby, Othello, Blake poetry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending