is farmers bride likely to come up?

these are past exam questions

June 2014: Ghazal OR The Farmer's Bride

June 2013: Sonnet 116 OR Born Yesterday

January 2013: Hour OR The Farmer’s Bride

June 2012: Quickdraw OR Praise Song for My Mother

January 2012: Sonnet 43 OR Harmonium

June 2011: The Manhunt OR Nettles

Farmers Bride is unlikely to come up as it already has twice, but you never know....
Original post by parker13
Is it worth memorising one poem analysis and then you can always use that one and just insert the comparing bits so you know it'll be A* analysis AND give you extra time?

no because the question may be different to the analysis
it's better to spend time understanding a poem and reading lots of different interpretations imo
For the relationships cluster, these are the poems most likely to come up since they haven't been in exam papers for a few years now:
Contemporary:
1) The Manhunt
2) In Paris with you
3) Brothers
Literary heritage:
1) To His Coy Mistress
2) Sister Maude
3) Nettles

Praying that it's either the manhunt or nettles since they are really good ones to compare to eachother!
Reply 784
Original post by Vivetha
these are past exam questions

June 2014: Ghazal OR The Farmer's Bride

June 2013: Sonnet 116 OR Born Yesterday

January 2013: Hour OR The Farmer’s Bride

June 2012: Quickdraw OR Praise Song for My Mother

January 2012: Sonnet 43 OR Harmonium

June 2011: The Manhunt OR Nettles

Farmers Bride is unlikely to come up as it already has twice, but you never know....

this is great thank you!!!
Original post by bee264
Has anyone got points to compare sister maude and brothers?

Both poems highlight the moment at which family/sibling relationships changed or evolved. 'Brothers' shows the progression of the changing relationship in the past: from being together, the separation, and then the persona's decision to leave his brother. 'Sister Maude' however reflects on Maude's betrayal and jealousy, and then looks to the future to when they'll all die and what will become of them. Both poems address the focus of the poem directly, but this only appears at the end of 'Sister Maude' with a curse, whereas 'Brothers' addresses the youngest brother throughout. :smile:
to his coy mistress still hasnt turned up so im hoping to god it does. can compare it to hour if in need of help!
Original post by mcmaster_2
to his coy mistress still hasnt turned up so im hoping to god it does. can compare it to hour if in need of help!

Which points would you make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Is there any chance poems on foundation tier will come up on higher?
Original post by sofilxx
Is there any chance poems on foundation tier will come up on higher?

A high chance.
Original post by irfan_blue
Which points would you make?

Posted from TSR Mobile

language - both poems use natural imagery to show that love is natural 'vegetable love' 'summer sky'
shows love is natural and time does not wait for it.
hour is a sonnet-traditional love form
THCM is a persuasive argument that uses 3 stanzas and is written in Iambic tetrameter which emulates the sound of a heart beat- more love stuff
could talk about greek mythology showing love is magical 'time's winged chariot' and 'midas light' could expand on them saying that midas touched things to gold and gold is precious as is love..
opposites like 'beggar' and 'rich' - 'preservation' and 'decay' show that love needs to oppose time as time won't stop for anything.
Just expand on these points and give some insightful thoughts and youd be sorted, good luck!
i watched one of mrbruff's videos and he said that the foundation poems can come up on higher now..
Original post by mcmaster_2
language - both poems use natural imagery to show that love is natural 'vegetable love' 'summer sky'
shows love is natural and time does not wait for it.

'Vegetable love' is also an innuendo used by the poet which emphasises on the physical attraction and passion between the two lovers.
For the conflict cluster, anyone got any ideas for things to talk about The Right Word?
Yeah, they both use language in a derogatory manor, in Brothers Armitage shows annoyance whilst the poetic voice in Christina Rossetti's poem uses language to show anger. At the end, if we follow the interpretation the Poetic Voice has committed suicide and is reunited with the mother and father, we can argue that the stanza is longer because of that, were as as distance has been created between the brothers in brothers, the last stanza could represent the seperation from his brother (it's one line shorter, symbolic to the fact his brother has been left behind, like the extra line). Differences are Brothers is in free verse to show sincerity whilst the rhyme scheme in Sister Maude has an ABAC rhyme scheme, showing half of the poem rhymes, as if to suggest she's not mentally stable due to death of the dear. Hope this helped and fingers crossed they come up, good luck.
What structure should i use to write the essay for both section a and section b?
Is anyone else doing character and voice? If so, what is likely to come up?
Reply 797
Original post by butterfly99
I hate his coy mistress it is my least favourite poem in the whole paper...manhunt could come up as it hasn't before

Really? and manhunt already came up in 2011. To His Coy Mistress is the only one that hasn't come up and of course the foundation poems
Can someone post a vague structure of how the essay should be written (preferably Relationships please?)
Original post by Temi99
Really? and manhunt already came up in 2011. To His Coy Mistress is the only one that hasn't come up and of course the foundation poems

Yeah, I really think THCM will come up, my english teacher had also agreed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending