The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Scroll to see replies

I thought that the character question in AIC would be on Mr Birling or Sheila Birling as they are the only two characters not used up till now...
Original post by Marco Pollo
I thought that the character question in AIC would be on Mr Birling or Sheila Birling as they are the only two characters not used up till now...

Sheila Birling has come up before a few years ago.The question was along the lines of: ow has Sheila changed along the course of the play?
I think
OMAM: a) Curley extract
b) bullying outcasts in society
AIC: Mother/daughter relationship or stage direction significance

Poetry: Medusa and Singh song
Original post by theworkkid
I've done practice poetry papers but I have no idea if they are good or not :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get your teacher to mark it. They'll give you helpful constructive criticism :smile:
Original post by Sierra-
I think
OMAM: a) Curley extract
b) bullying outcasts in society
AIC: Mother/daughter relationship or stage direction significance

Poetry: Medusa and Singh song

That OMAM question would be quite easy to do so hopefully we get that, or we could possibly get how is violence presented in the novel? As for the extract itself, do you think we'd get Curley,s introductory scene or the Lennie/Curley scene?
Original post by lubna1998
That OMAM question would be quite easy to do so hopefully we get that, or we could possibly get how is violence presented in the novel? As for the extract itself, do you think we'd get Curley,s introductory scene or the Lennie/Curley scene?

Please remember I'm just guessing/hoping haha. But hopefully the scene where curley is introduced
Original post by Sierra-
Please remember I'm just guessing/hoping haha. But hopefully the scene where curley is introduced

Yup I know, I'm just wondering what everyone's thinking :smile:
Doing character and voice
What points could you make about Curley in the scene where he is introduced to George and Lennie??
Can anybody help me with language analysis for Curley in OMAM when he first is described by Steinbeck as he enters the bunkhouse please?

Thanks
Other predictions on themes/character fro an inspector calls
Any predictions for LOTF? :smile:
Controlled assessment questions are set by your school, not nationally, so they can pick what they want to a large extent. Don't consider this in formulating whether it will or will not come up!

This is from an English Teacher!
Reply 93
Original post by saahil0987
Anyone doing Mr Pip? ;-;

Yes I am, although it's fair t say the literature exam is going to slaughter me. Any predictions on the question? Am also doing Lord of the flies
I'm so worried! I'm finding it difficult to link the themes and context into the characters and how do you talk about the effect on the reader? (Of Mice and Men)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kittykatieboo
My coursework for OMAM was all about curley's wife. Do you think AQA read these forums? Because if they do, they know what our guesses are and even our 'thrown off questions' predictions so they might do something else. Just a thought :wink:

these forums tend to start late March to May time so it can't have much of an effect as I think they have to finalise their questions by the end of March as papers start being sent off from start of May so they have to factor in printing time and so I don't really think so but it is still possible but highly unlikely
Original post by El2802
Yes I am, although it's fair t say the literature exam is going to slaughter me. Any predictions on the question? Am also doing Lord of the flies

I have no ideas, our teachers have left us for dead and are teaching us how to be ready for the language exam :mad::frown:
Original post by saahil0987
I have no ideas, our teachers have left us for dead and are teaching us how to be ready for the language exam :mad::frown:

same here :/
Reply 98
Predictions for World War One questions??
Original post by MW-19--
Predictions for World War One questions??

What texts are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending