The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature June 2015 Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kilomontari
I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?

No, they do parallell each other A LOT, infact they are really the only two which have quite a bit in common :biggrin: that's perfectly fine!!! I compared to Les Grand Siegneurs because of the points I wanted to make cx I took a different view to the speaker in MLD, I expressed that infact he wasn't proud of killing his wife but actually loved her idk it was a weird essay XD
Really liked the questions on this exam. I compared A vision to London in "place" which was ok and i really liked the unseen because there was a lot to say about it!
Who did conflict on the foundation paper??
Anyone do My Last Duchess and Ozymandias?
For conflict I chose the question:

Compare how the poets use PLACE to present ideas about conflict and one other poem..

However I misread the question and did not talk about place 😢
I did talk about setting in one poem very briefly but definitely not enough

What mark do you think I will get - will I fail?
Reply 985
I did conflict, did anyone compare 'Bayontt charge' to 'Out of the Blue????
Original post by MadHannah23

Compare how the poets use PLACE to present ideas about conflict and one other poem..

I did the same thing ;c . I also briefly stated it at the start.

Unfortunately I question whether my entire answer to the question was relevant...I wrote about the delicate sounds of the objects (like chit of bone, china plate etc) used in Mametz Wood, plus the use of the treasure chest in Poppies (which was some deep analysis) but I'm worried sick now that people talked about 'place'...how did I miss this?

I did talk about structure of both poems, and constantly through my answer refer to the poets' ideas of conflict, but I'm really questioning whether I'll get any marks for what I said.
Original post by Palette

Me! Thank god I thought I was the only one!
Original post by Kilomontari
I compared My Last Duchess to The River God for pride, I writ a lot about structure and how they are both proud of their power and how they are both proud of killing a women. Nobody else compred these two, have I ****ed up?

I was going to compare with the river god but changed my mind to ozymandias
I'm surprised how few people on this thread for Relationships did Manhunt and Quickdraw - about 80% of my school's higher students did the Manhunt question, and maybe 70% of them (myself included) chose to compare it with Quickdraw. Most of us talked about the violent imagery using harsh alliteration and the enjambment for similarities, and them caring/destructive language and repaired/despairing endings for contrast. Also how in Manhunt she begins to understand his pain whereas the metaphorical violence in Quickdraw goes from a 'pellet' to 'silver bullets'. Most of my school came out grinning or jumping around - never thought an English Lit exam would make me so happy! I'm predicted an A*, so I'm feeling kinda confident (although the bar for me is very high!) as I felt that went better that any of the mocks I've done this year. Most of the people I've spoken to irl think the same, or have already done a very similar essay in practice. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
For conflict on the foundation paper i compared the charge of light brigade with the falling leaves is that okay?
Original post by MadHannah23

Just would like to clarify... IS THIS FOR THE FOUNDATION PAPER? Higher it was people in conflict or effects or something
Reply 992
I think the questions were quite nice! I did Sister Maude and compared it with Born Yesterday. The unseen was just beautiful 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danosaur_maisy
Just would like to clarify... IS THIS FOR THE FOUNDATION PAPER? Higher it was people in conflict or effects or something

No this is higher
Was I the only one that compared My Last Duchess to Les Grand Seigneurs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did, as ozymandias is basically pride before a fall

Original post by Palette
Original post by Sophiaoreillyg
Was I the only one that compared My Last Duchess to Les Grand Seigneurs?

Nope, I did :biggrin: But i THINK i MESSED UP AHA. What did you say? :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone compare it to Ruined Maid? I heard a couple of people compared MLD to Ruined Maid and for the unseen poem I wrote that the pains she talks of are generated in her organs and her brain without which we fail to function and she is the same like this with love too. Just like we need our organs to function and drugs to treat our 'symptoms'-she needs love. For her it's rather a need than just a feeling as for her-love is somewhat like a drug because it stops her pain no matter how painful or large. ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhoenixHellRider
Anyone do brendon gallacher and case history? Or just me...

I did!
I did the manhunt and the farmer's bride :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending