The Student Room Group

hi

i'm an ib student who will be starting college from this september. i have applied for a business and management course and have got offers from uni of surrey, uni of nottingham, brunel, kent and city london.
right now i am really confused about which uni to choose. my top priorities are surrey and nottingham since they seem better at the league table compared to the rest.
my counsellor advised me to go for surrey or brunel since they have a better busineess course with one year placement abroad. but i really dont know if ill like the experience
i have never lived in the uk before and am sooo nervous about all this.
would appreciate some inputs and suggestions
thanks so much! xx
Reply 1
Original post by anisha.s
i'm an ib student who will be starting college from this september. i have applied for a business and management course and have got offers from uni of surrey, uni of nottingham, brunel, kent and city london.
right now i am really confused about which uni to choose. my top priorities are surrey and nottingham since they seem better at the league table compared to the rest.
my counsellor advised me to go for surrey or brunel since they have a better busineess course with one year placement abroad. but i really dont know if ill like the experience
thanks so much! xx

I applied to business management for Kent and went to the applicant day, the uni itself is good but the place itself is very dead. The accommodation is nice though and they are in the top 30 business schools so it has a good reputation but I just didn't like the environment. I live about 30mins from Brunel and it's not bad but it's not in the best area of London. I would personally suggest city london as the cass business school has a great reputation and you would be in the heart of London so you have more job opportunities etc. if you don't want to do the placement abroad at Surrey then don't go there just because your counsellor advised you to. Kent also has a year in placement which I wasn't to keen on either but it will benefit you more in the long term. Nottingham is good because it is a Russell group and therefore has a good reputation. I think it's between city and Nottingham but it's up to you. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
thanks a tonn. will definately consider it! :smile:x
thanks so much! xx

Don't worry about living and studying in UK. You will be amongst thousands of students like yourself.

Cass is very much in the centre of London and doesn't have a campus atmosphere. If you think you may be negatively affected by such living and studying conditions then you may want to consider the other universities with great campuses.
x

cass (city) and notts should be your priority.
thanks so much! xx

hello, i live in Surrey! no experience with the college but it is a great area of the country, countryside but with London nearby! just saying :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending