The Student Room Group

Charityworks scheme

Scroll to see replies

Yeah got the same email. At least we'll soon find out.
Reply 41
Well today is the day we should find out. Not feeling confident about it but that is just me.
Original post by 304820
Well today is the day we should find out. Not feeling confident about it but that is just me.

Same. Good luck! I keep desperately checking my emails
Reply 43
Original post by venuswaltz
Same. Good luck! I keep desperately checking my emails

Ridiculous isn't it? All this for an 18k entry level job. The real work starts once on the scheme. Impressing them enough to be kept on!

Feels a bit like UCAS for me in that all the hoop-jumping raises expectations as to what the scheme must be like.
Couldn't agree more. Not only is the application process quite arduous but the scheme itself is a full-time job for only 18k with the added weight of various assignments and training days thrown in.

It's a tough world for graduates, even for those with fairly modest ambitions of wanting a career in the charity sector!
and thanks for uploading the assessors pack- will be really useful for any of us that get through. Good luck folks
Reply 46
Original post by wdingimarisson
Couldn't agree more. Not only is the application process quite arduous but the scheme itself is a full-time job for only 18k with the added weight of various assignments and training days thrown in.

It's a tough world for graduates, even for those with fairly modest ambitions of wanting a career in the charity sector!

A season ticket to Fenchurch Street from where I live is £2680 and £3840 fortube as well so take home pay for me could be nearer £14,000. I won't be enjoying Jagertrains of a friday night on that kind of salary...
Reply 47
Hi guys!

Another one here waiting on the last possible day for the Charityworks scheme.....luckily my final exam tomorrow has taken my mind off this for the most part but since it's twenty to three on the last possible day they can let us know I'm starting to get sceptical...:dots:

Good luck everyone who's still waiting!
Still waiting...
Just rang up, they're experiencing delays but the emails will go out tonight.
Reply 50
Original post by EWhitehead94

I hope I haven't waited all this time for an e-mail starting

We are sorry to inform you that....
Reply 51
Original post by EWhitehead94

Thanks for the update. Was there any indication as to the time or is it all, as I've assumed, automatic/random?

Getting really cheesed off with not knowing now.....
Original post by Katerzzz
Thanks for the update. Was there any indication as to the time or is it all, as I've assumed, automatic/random?

Getting really cheesed off with not knowing now.....

Not really, I think it's just going to be a long waiting game until emails are finally ready...
Reply 53
"This email is to inform you that your performance during the shortlisting stage has not met the required standard to progress automatically to the assessment centre stage. However, you have performed well enough to be added to our waiting list for assessment centres. This means that we may still contact you if a place becomes available at one of our assessment centres in May or June.We will contact you no later than 10th June to let you know if you have been successful in progressing further in the process."

I am not good enough for automatic promotion to the assessment centre apparently. But I may go through. Presumably if the people they have selected say "No thanks. This has taken so long I'm doing something else". What a waste of time this is. I just want an entry level job!

Anyone else get anything?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 304820
"This email is to inform you that your performance during the shortlisting stage has not met the required standard to progress automatically to the assessment centre stage. However, you have performed well enough to be added to our waiting list for assessment centres. This means that we may still contact you if a place becomes available at one of our assessment centres in May or June.We will contact you no later than 10th June to let you know if you have been successful in progressing further in the process."

I am not good enough for automatic promotion to the assessment centre apparently. But I may go through. Presumably if the people they have selected say "No thanks. This has taken so long I'm doing something else". What a waste of time this is. I just want an entry level job!

Ahh no! That's such a shame :frown: And they took their time about it! I haven't got anything yet! I've been checking so regularly! Probably not even into the shortlist! This is so unnecessarily stressful at exam time!
Reply 55
Original post by 304820

Nope. Still waiting to hear back. To be honest, the amount of time this has taken I'm not sure I even want to hear back that I'm on another bloody waiting list.....
Still nothing.
Reply 57
Well I got the same email saying I'm on ANOTHER waiting list. They like their lists. Oh well, back to the drawing board for me I suppose :P
Invited to assessment centre here.
Reply 59
Original post by Dirty Dream Number Two
Invited to assessment centre here.

Congrats. The charityworks assessment process feels a bit like the claw in toy story. You have been chosen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Esh4W3dfI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending