Reply 60
College: Christ's
Subject: Mathematics (and Physics)
Year of Entry: 2007
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Offer
Conditional/Unconditional: Matriculation
Conditions are: EE, sit STEP 2, 3
How you found out: Post
Feeling: Very happy of course, finding out about friends being rejected slightly mutes the celebrations though.
Number of GCSE A*: 10
Number of GSCE A: 0
Average AS results percentage: 99%
How you thought you did in the interview: To be honest, it couldn't really have gone better. I was just 'in form' as it were, and rode my luck.
College: King's
Subject: Natural Sciences (Biological)
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Rejection
(For those with offers) Conditional/Unconditional:
(For conditional offers) Conditions are:
How you found out: Letter.
Personal comments/reaction: Even though I expected it, pissed off! Now I am determined to prove them wrong by getting 4 really high As this year! I really don't know what I did wrong, unless it was my C in physics... :frown:
Number of GCSE A*: 6
Number of GSCE A: 4
Average AS results percentage: Can't be bothered to work this out but got AAAC.
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Pretty good!
Reply 62
College: Trinity Hall
Subject: SPS
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Conditional offer
Conditions are: AAA
How you found out: By ambushing the postman, then despite my intentions to go, sit down, and do it calmly, i ripped it open in the hall.
Personal comments/reaction: I jumped up and down, and screamed!
Number of GCSE A*: 9.5
Number of GSCE A: 1
Average AS results percentage: ~ 91%
How you thought you did in the interview: quite well, but i didnt know how to read it
Reply 63
I'm in for History at Pembroke College.
I don't think I have ever been happier in my entire life - - I just shouted and shouted for about an hour before calling everyone!!!
It is all the sweeter given the fact that last year I wasn't interviewed, for Law at Oxford.
Cambridge here I come!!
A Tab I shall be!!!!!!!
Reply 64
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Rejection :frown:
How you found out: Extremely thin letter - inevitable!
Personal comments/reaction: Feel sick
Number of GCSE A*: 8
Number of GSCE A: 2
Average AS results percentage: 87%
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Good, but obviously not!
Reply 65
Offer for SPS at Corpus!!
AAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH
I could not be happier, and this could not have been a beeter start to the new year!

Love to all,
x
Reply 66
College: Robinson
Subject: Natural Sciences (Physical)
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: OFFER
(For those with offers) Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional
(For conditional offers) Conditions are: AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics
How you found out: Letter
Personal comments/reaction: Gobsmacked, just cannot believe it.
Number of GCSE A*: 5
Number of GSCE A: 3
Average AS results percentage: 93.5%
How you thought you did in the interview: Very poorly.
Reply 67
college.....FITZ
decision.... REJECTED
and disapointed, well i shudnt be, it only shows that i wudnt cope if i was to get an offer.
had poor AS score...82%
interview....ok, But only answered about half the TSA..cdnt finish it.
College: Emmanuel
Subject: Engineering
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Pooled
Conditions are:
How you found out: Letter this morning.
Number of GCSE A*: 7
Average AS results percentage: 85-90%
How you thought you did in the interview: Ok-Good

Looked through the Pool notes which came with the letter and assuming similar sort of numbers as last year - being pooled puts you in the top third of all applicant. I'm perfectly happy with being in the top third of applicants to Cambridge, but quite stressed due to having to wait circa. 10 more days.

I'm more than happy to go to Imperial, but i know that the waiting is affecting my revision for Jan modules in a fortnight. Also going to have a phone phobia for the next week in case I automatically answer it too casually:

RING RING
Me: Alright bud; you still on for getting trashed tonight?
Admissions Tutor: Good afternoon, is that a mr ...
Me: (to myself) AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Seems a lot of people on TSR are getting pooled, but i don't thnk it's symbolic just that if you were rejected i don't think your first priority would be to tell several hundred relatively unknown people, many of whom have offers.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to fill the time constructively to help with exams. I feel too stressed to sit for 1-2 hours revising, and am "wasting away" my waiting time with crappy Joan Collins novels and Gym sessions.

Help needed, or i'll be lucky to make any of my current 5 offers.
Reply 69
Subject: English
Year of Entry:2007
How you found out: Mum reading letter to me over the phone this morning
Personal comments/reaction: Disappointed at first, now pleased that I am still being considered.
Number of GCSE A*:10
Number of GSCE A: 0
Average AS results percentage: 95%
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Okish
Reply 70
College: Magdalene
Subject: Architecture
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: OFFER
Conditional/Unconditional: Conditional
Conditions are: AAA in anything
How you found out: Letter- small white envelope, only 2 sheets!
Personal comments/reaction: Wow!!! Been hoping but hadn't expected it, hasn't sunk in yet AAARGH!!!:elefant: :party: :elefant:
Number of GCSE A*: 9
Number of GSCE A: 3
Average AS results percentage: ...90 ish... 2 very good and 2 just A's
How you thought you did in the interview: Just afterwards I was really pleased, but having thought about it I cringe at a lot of the things I said, and I mean A LOT!!!
College: Downing
Subject: Philosophy
How you found out: My mother and I went and mugged the postman...how else?
Personal comments/reaction: Happy! I was told by my school not to apply to Cambridge due to my very average grades and i feel like even though i haven't got a straight out offer somebody somewhere thinks i'm good enough to go to cambridge and that in itself is enough for me :smile: Whether i get in or not from here I'm really not too fussed- I've avoided the awful how did you do conversations and that was what i was really worried about.
Number of GCSE A*: 4
Number of GSCE A: 5
Average AS results percentage: I'm too lazy to work out a percentage (sorry!) but i got 3A's and 3B's in English literature, RE, Economics, English language, General studies and Critical thinking.
How you thought you did in the interview: I REALLY enjoyed the interview, felt like i did my best and found the interviewers fascinating. Whether I'm anywhere near good enough is impossible to tell.

Congratulations to everyone that opened a letter with something in they wanted to see, and I hope everybody else isn't feeling too bad. I think we've all done well to get this far, what with all the stupid forms...
This came through in e-mail:

Dear Balaji

The decision letters went out to all applicants yesterday, therefore you should receive yours either today or tomorrow. However, just to calm your nerves, I can tell you that you have an offer from King's.

Best wishes

Maria T de la Riva
Admissions Office
King's College
Tel. + 44 1223 331255
College: Magdalene
Subject: Medicine

How you found out: mail - came really early today
Personal comments/reaction: oh.
Number of GCSE A*: 5
Number of GSCE A: 5
Average AS results percentage: 93%
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: um. probs ok. messed up some stuff
College: King's
Subject: Mathematics

Personal comments/reaction: I saw the thin little envelope and thought It meant straight out rejection. Then I opened it and saw the word "Unfortunately", which didn't help. Reading on revealed poolage, with some relief, but also the "Feck, now I have to wait around for another week". They're playing with my mind! I really wanted to go to King's, but hopefully I'll get in somewher else and that will suffice. I thought I would get rejected, since the interview/test wasn't very good. At least all hope is not lost... yet... oh, and apparently last year 126/713 pooled offers came from the original college that threw the candidates into the pool. Weird, non?
Number of GCSE A*: 11
Average AS results percentage: 95%
How you thought you did in the interview: Terribly, and so was the test.
BRavichandran
This came through in e-mail:

Dear Balaji

The decision letters went out to all applicants yesterday, therefore you should receive yours either today or tomorrow. However, just to calm your nerves, I can tell you that you have an offer from King's.

Best wishes

Maria T de la Riva
Admissions Office
King's College
Tel. + 44 1223 331255

well done!
daughter got an offer too.
Reply 76
College: Homerton
Subject: English and Drama with Education Studies
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Offer!!
(For conditional offers) Conditions are: AAA
How you found out: Post-Thin Letter, they usually call me Dora but on this they called me Fedora so got worried!!
Personal comments/reaction: Amazing! I go to a private school and my results are not that great so I thought I didn't stand a chance. I burst into tears and then danced to the High School Musical soundtrack
Number of GCSE A*: 1
Number of GSCE A:9
Average AS results percentage: 85%
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Goodish
Reply 77
College: Robinson
Subject: Land Economy
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Offer
(For conditional offers) Conditions are: AAA
Personal comments/reaction: Shocked. Can't believe it.
Number of GCSE A*: 3
Average AS results percentage: (Calculate this by adding up your UMS for the AS Level subjects you've carried on divided by the total UMS to get the % across the board.) 90%
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Ok (ish)
Reply 78
College : Gonville and Caius
Subject : Engineering
Year of Entry : 2007
Offer/Rejection/Pooled: Offer :biggrin: !!!
Conditional
Get As in Maths,FM,Physics, B in Computing
How you found out : by post
Personal comment : fantastic but a little disappoint because of the requirement of B in computing(i'm not good at this)
Average AS result : Maths: 98 % , FM : 100 % , Physics : 92 % , Computing :61 % :frown:(
How you thought you did in the interview : Good/Ok/Poor : Good,answered all of the questions :biggrin:
Reply 79
College: Jesus
How you found out: Letter, I was hid behind the door when the postman came... I watched him come down the street.
Personal comments/reaction: Really happy, its not a rejection and I still have a chance.
Number of GCSE A*: 0
Average AS results percentage: (Calculate this by adding up your UMS for the AS Level subjects you've carried on divided by the total UMS to get the % across the board.) 89% ish
How you thought you did in the interview: Good/Ok/Poor: Quite good, it must have been ok if I got pooled despite my GCSEs.

Latest

Trending

Trending