The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Environmental Studies/Science

Scroll to see replies

I'm studying it too! How many candidates are there entered for this? Gotta be less than 1000 haha. I find the exams so stupidly hard and like the op said, it's really diverse and revising from the books doesn't help me. There's also very little material online :frown:
Original post by croatoan
Hahaha i know it's rare to find others :':wink: been looking on here for ages for people to share war stories and tales of suffering with!
wow and we thought our class of 9 was bad! though granted there's never more than 4 of us at one time.

urgh I honestly wish I hadn't wasted my money on the book. Like, Im reading it rn cause i'm resisting unit 1 tomorrow and it's just too broad?? and how on earth they expect us to learn EVERY SINGLE THING in it i'll never know.

same here. enjoy a lot of it but there's only really the book and then past papers... and they're hard exams man, really hard :frown:

you plan to study something like it at uni?

How did you find the unit 1 resit? I also resitted! It was awful :frown:
Original post by scottwhite
How did you find the unit 1 resit? I also resitted! It was awful :frown:

When I was doing it I was like meh it's okay, but when I came out and we all discussed it... Yeah, it was really awful :/ it was all forestry and conversation! 😐
And the maths ones were so stupid! I made a really stupid mistake with one and the other I just couldn't wrap my head around 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellen999

Anyone have any predictions for the essay questions in either papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This prediction isn't really based on anything solid but I have a feeling one of the essay ones might be to do with nuclear power in some way (which I'm hoping for cause I like that bit)
Idk why though... Maybe I'm just too hopeful 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by ellen999
Hi! I also do Environmental Studies. I agree the content is so varied and so much can come up, but I really like the text book. I've done all the past papers but there aren't many so now I'm just re-reading the textbook and taking notes.

Anyone have any predictions for the essay questions in either papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

absolutely no clue, if I'm being honest haha
Original post by MrsStark
absolutely no clue, if I'm being honest haha

Hey Guys,

I am also an ES candidate! I have taken a gap year and redoing some A2 units including Es 3 and 4. I was fortunate enough to get an A and C last year in the As units just pray for the same this time round! After sitting the paper last year for A2 and getting two D's the questions do vary anyone need any help??

Resources are really bad.

We could all get together on Skype and discuss our notes as there are limited resources?

Cheers James
Reply 26
Original post by james1996p
Hey Guys,

I am also an ES candidate! I have taken a gap year and redoing some A2 units including Es 3 and 4. I was fortunate enough to get an A and C last year in the As units just pray for the same this time round! After sitting the paper last year for A2 and getting two D's the questions do vary anyone need any help??

Resources are really bad.

We could all get together on Skype and discuss our notes as there are limited resources?

Cheers James

we should make a study group and all help each other! :smile: i dont have skype though :frown:
The resources suck haha. Literally will be the sole reason I fail! All there is a useless book :P
I've found that doing past papers is the best way to revise for ES. I swear I've done every paper at least 3 times :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 29
Original post by Eleanor_Hartpury
I've found that doing past papers is the best way to revise for ES. I swear I've done every paper at least 3 times :s-smilie::s-smilie:

But if you do that then you're just remembering the mark scheme so it's not really that helpful, I guess for like describe question or question that come up a lot like sampling techniques it'd work but...
But if you do that then you're just remembering the mark scheme so it's not really that helpful, I guess for like describe question or question that come up a lot like sampling techniques it'd work but...

Everyone list their problems and I will try and help explain my way of looking at the situation. The best way I am finding it going over all my notes and memorizing every single key word in the book they pop up loads be warned :P

You have a good point and I have started to remember the mark schemes (I've stopped doing past papers now :tongue:). What are people hoping the essays will be about?
Original post by Eleanor_Hartpury
You have a good point and I have started to remember the mark schemes (I've stopped doing past papers now :tongue:). What are people hoping the essays will be about?

Really want ionising radiation and waste disposal etc or properties of pollutants.
Or car design but I think that came up last year so I doubt it will come up again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't wait for this exam tomorrow! Only started revising this afternoon, should be interesting me thinks
Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

May all the environmental knowledge be with you :smile:
Good luck everyone. I've only just started revising from the book an hour ago so hope you're not feeling as scared as I am 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Now I've got over crying from the monstrosity of the OCR chem paper, I'm going to start revising for tomorrow. Anyone got any predictions for the essays?
I'm pretty sure energy issues/hydrogen economy will be one as it's not been on for a while
Reply 38
Original post by Jakeplattt
I'm pretty sure energy issues/hydrogen economy will be one as it's not been on for a while

Hydrogen economy would be a good one. What would you put for these two essays?
all set for tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending