The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B1 12 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey, what did you lot get for the question where we had to work out how much smoking had decreased from a graph? I got 23%, my friend said he got 10%, any ideas on what it was? And also do any of you know how many marks it was worth?
Also, do you think the grade boundary for an A* will go up or down out of interest? :smile: Last years was fairly high at 50/60
Original post by Lucy1274698
What mutualistic relationships did everyone put for the 3 examples? I put chemo synthetic bacteria in hydrothermal vents, oxpeckers and leguminous plants and bacteria on root nodules, is this right?:s-smilie:

I put the same, except I didnt mention Oxpeckers :smile: , and yeah it's right
Original post by 123qwertyuio
Also, do you think the grade boundary for an A* will go up or down out of interest? :smile: Last years was fairly high at 50/60

I think it might stay the same, as this test was quite easy, so boundaries are likely to be high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANDYFC16
Organisms cannot live in acidic environments. I think? thats what i put. :confused:

eutrophication mate

53 for A* I would say as everyone I know found that easy
Hey, what did you lot get for the question where we had to work out how much smoking had decreased from a graph? I got 23%, my friend said he got 10%, any ideas on what it was? And also do any of you know how many marks it was worth?

Answer was 10% as it was 30% in 1990 and 20% in 2010, and it was a 1 mark question
Reply 27
Original post by HarryKane28
eutrophication mate

Oh yeah kind of talked about it but i didnt say the name. But i did talk about eutorophication in the question besude it on the next page.
Oh yeah kind of talked about it but i didnt say the name. But i did talk about eutorophication in the question besude it on the next page.

Yeah, then you will get some marks :smile:
Reply 29
What do you think were the grade boundaries for c,b,a and a*?
Reply 30
Original post by Katiiie_louise
Which one was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was about interdependence with the energy stuff
What do you think were the grade boundaries for c,b,a and a*?

28 for C
36 for B
45 for A
53 for A*
Reply 32
What did people put down for the question about cystic fibrosis causing a man to become infertile?
I said that the mucus blocks the reproductive system?
Original post by Chakara
What did people put down for the question about cystic fibrosis causing a man to become infertile?

Yeah I pretty much put that, I wasn't sure though as we never did it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chakara

Mucus blocks the sperm ducts but yeah I think you will get the marks for that
can someone put the answers up according to what they wrote please? test was easy but was jammy too
If you mess up the names in the blood glucose concentration will you still get the marks
mee too it, it was so damn hard i dont think we've been taught about doing punnet squares in that way. question 4 really threw me
10 marks down the drain
That paper was beautiful! The 6 mark questions were a blessing xD Hope you all did well!
I was wondering what everyone put for the interdependence calculation? The one with the oak tree and caterpillars?
Original post by yasssssmin
That paper was beautiful! The 6 mark questions were a blessing xD Hope you all did well!
I was wondering what everyone put for the interdependence calculation? The one with the oak tree and caterpillars?

92%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending