OCR ICT- ICT in today's world

Scroll to see replies

Here are all of my B061 flashcards: https://s.tudy.it/n1kyt

The password is 'thestudentroom'
Original post by harryleavey
Here are all of my B061 flashcards: https://s.tudy.it/n1kyt

The password is 'thestudentroom'

Thank You. :smile:
The question was: a doctor uses an expert system to help diagnose a patient's illness. Describe the stages involved in this process.

you basically have to mention: interface, knowledge base, inference engine and rule base. All of which are explained below...

an expert system is an application at seeks to mimic the knowledge and experience of a human expert. an expert system is designed to provide reasonable answers when given a set of conditions about the problem in hand

knowledge base is the part of the system which holds all the knowledge of the system. it contains facts and rules about the 'task domain'. task domain is the area of expertise that the expert system is designed to work with.

inference engine is the part of the expert system that works out a reasonable solution when given a set of answers from the user.

quite often the user is given a choice of answers with radio buttons and combo boxes rather than being offered an open ended text box which makes the system much more user friendly.

hope this helps :smile: p.s. good luck in your exams!
oh and i might as well add...

Advantages of expert systems:
- expert advice available all the time
- knowledge of expert staff can be captured to some extent before they move on
- can be used as a training aid to increase the expertise of staff
- quite often the user is given a choice of answers
- efficient way of getting answers as it does not involve additional help staff i.e. automated help systems
- natural language interface would make the expert system more human friendly

Disadvantages are:
- usually only covers a narrow range of knowledge
- a lot of effort and cost has to go into making a good expert system
- not as good as having human experts
- most expert systems are menu driven which does not deal very will with ambiguous problems
- advanced interfaces such as natural language processing still has some way to go before they are truly effective
- does not learn from mistakes unless user feedback and human maintenance is part of its ongoing development
- incorrect diagnosis

p.s. a good website is teach-ict.com
There might be question on home working, how employees are working from home with use of ICT and what are benefits and drawback for employees and employers
Reply 25
Original post by anhelka123
oh and i might as well add...

Advantages of expert systems:
- expert advice available all the time
- knowledge of expert staff can be captured to some extent before they move on
- can be used as a training aid to increase the expertise of staff
- quite often the user is given a choice of answers
- efficient way of getting answers as it does not involve additional help staff i.e. automated help systems
- natural language interface would make the expert system more human friendly

Disadvantages are:
- usually only covers a narrow range of knowledge
- a lot of effort and cost has to go into making a good expert system
- not as good as having human experts
- most expert systems are menu driven which does not deal very will with ambiguous problems
- advanced interfaces such as natural language processing still has some way to go before they are truly effective
- does not learn from mistakes unless user feedback and human maintenance is part of its ongoing development
- incorrect diagnosis

p.s. a good website is teach-ict.com

Is this for the OCR Cambridge nationals ICT GCSE exam tomorrow?
Possible question ROM or RAM, has never come up
Question on archives, legal issues of ict and the quality of life for disabled people
Trying to get A* in exam to get an A* overall,Good luck guys hope you do well.
Original post by jamieew
Is this for the OCR Cambridge nationals ICT GCSE exam tomorrow?

its part of the syllabus but not sure if its going to come up. revising everything just in case lol
Reply 30
How did the exam go for everyone. I didnt really understand the holographic question at the end but I writ that it was to do with 3D imagery. The microwave question took me a while to understand but I got it and overall the exam went really well. The only question I didnt understand from knowledge was the network storage device question, I writ that it stores network logs and information, probably wrong but oh well. I had to rush the last 8 marker too.
the 8 markers were alright to be honest. but i did lose some really really silly marks ._. so annoying. none of the predicted questions came up lol
Reply 32
Overall I thought the exam was relatively easy (which is good and bad), the 8 markers were really nice! Nothing too complicated came up and yeah I agree the holographic imaging and 3D printing was difficult and I completely forgot about conditional formatting :frown:. I remember it now of course but never mind.

What did everyone else think?
Original post by 'Chris'
Overall I thought the exam was relatively easy (which is good and bad), the 8 markers were really nice! Nothing too complicated came up and yeah I agree the holographic imaging and 3D printing was difficult and I completely forgot about conditional formatting :frown:. I remember it now of course but never mind.

What did everyone else think?

There wasn't any conditional formatting
It was just:
- Merge
- Centre
- Horizontal and vertical aligning
- Bold formatting
Reply 34
Original post by harryleavey
There wasn't any conditional formatting
It was just:
- Merge
- Centre
- Horizontal and vertical aligning
- Bold formatting

Yeah I think I misunderstood the question, well there's 4 marks down the drain xD
I actually think the exam went really well and I hate to say it but I found it pretty easy too as did many others in my class. The microwave question was ridiculous like they basically gave you the answers?! Haha! The 8 markers were great too!

For the spreadsheet one, I put: Border tools, Cell Merge and Bold formatting :smile:

For the 8MQs I can only remember what I put for the holidays one and I put: + Can read reviews online, + Can view images and watch videos plus more multimedia online, - Images may not be reliable and the location, food, etc. may turn out to look completely different as to what is displayed on screen, - Transaction security issues
Original post by abbeyjayne
I actually think the exam went really well and I hate to say it but I found it pretty easy too as did many others in my class. The microwave question was ridiculous like they basically gave you the answers?! Haha! The 8 markers were great too!

For the spreadsheet one, I put: Border tools, Cell Merge and Bold formatting :smile:

For the 8MQs I can only remember what I put for the holidays one and I put: + Can read reviews online, + Can view images and watch videos plus more multimedia online, - Images may not be reliable and the location, food, etc. may turn out to look completely different as to what is displayed on screen, - Transaction security issues

I agree that the microwave question was ridiculously easy!😂
For spreadsheet I wrote bold text, merge cell and center alignment
For the holiday I wrote about reviews, safety issues, you can organise it from home, it may be cheaper, and if you go to a travel agency it might be better as you can discuss your choices with someone who knows all about the places?

What did everyone write for the holographic and 3D printing?
Original post by FrozenSteph

-Video Conferencing
-Virtual Reality

_____

-More accurate than humans - no human error in the development process
-Cheaper than humans if made efficient
-Because of being cheaper, humans workers who would've done the work manually may loose jobs
-3D printing in the home: will mean manufacturing is easier for consumers, therefore standards will need to be upped/costs reduced in mainstream manufacturing

Idk, the 3D printing question had so many possibilities to write about but it was only worth 4 marks.
Original post by FrozenSteph
I agree that the microwave question was ridiculously easy!😂
For spreadsheet I wrote bold text, merge cell and center alignment
For the holiday I wrote about reviews, safety issues, you can organise it from home, it may be cheaper, and if you go to a travel agency it might be better as you can discuss your choices with someone who knows all about the places?

For the holographic images i put somethig like you can communicate with others and you can see objects from multiple angles. And for the 3D printing, I said it enables all angles again and they dont have to spend money on manufacturing a prototype as they can do it for free instead :-)
tbh the 3D printing problem was more DT than ICT haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending