Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any questions asking for the modulus-argument form of a complex number in an exam, so I was wondering, have there been ANY questions on that in any past papers?

ReputationRep:
    There was one that gave you the modulus and the argument of z and it said work out what z is so you substitute them into the modulus argument form to get z but that is all I've seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjames)
    I haven't seen any questions asking for the modulus-argument form of a complex number in an exam, so I was wondering, have there been ANY questions on that in any past papers?
    That sounds like more of an fp2 question, but I wouldn't rule it out.

ReputationRep:
    June 2012 paper for fp1

ReputationRep:
    Question 7? That's not a modulus argument form of a complex number question, just a standard fp1 type question?

ReputationRep:
    Question 7 on the Jan 2011 paper is the only one I remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mojoe44)
    Question 7 on the Jan 2011 paper is the only one I remember.
    Oh right THAT type of question.. Yeah that could be in the paper

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like an fp2 kind of queston if anything, but something like that could turn up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.