The Student Room Group

Further Maths modules

Im doing A level further maths in one year. Im a private candidate and am self learning. I know i need to learn all of CP1 and CP2, but im not sure which additional modules i should do. Which module is the easiest? And any advice on how to self learn?
I loved decision maths. Highly recommend.
Reply 2
Original post by Fibonacci28
I loved decision maths. Highly recommend.

did you do edexcel fm?
Original post by mskr710
did you do edexcel fm?

Yes I did
Reply 4
Original post by Fibonacci28
Yes I did

ohh thats cool, how did u revise d1? i can't seem to find any questions outside of text book apart from papers
Well not a lot of them require revision. But mostly past papers, and my teacher made up a few, which may be harder for self study. For the sorting algorithm ones I guess you could always use a random number generator
Original post by moosaa0001
Im doing A level further maths in one year. Im a private candidate and am self learning. I know i need to learn all of CP1 and CP2, but im not sure which additional modules i should do. Which module is the easiest? And any advice on how to self learn?

You need to pick two options papers (though some choose to take more than two, I wouldn’t recommend doing so).

I for one would pick the two options you would enjoy the most based on the content in the specification - difficulty is subjective.

I did Edexcel and took three: FP1, FS1 and FM1. Whilst I found FP1 and FM1 the most interesting, I did best on FP1 and FS1 in my actual exams, so those were the two electives that counted towards my grade.

Quick Reply

Latest