The Student Room Group

Mocks day after Holidays - Panicking No revision

I have 2 exams tomorrow alongside 4 next week. And Ive done absolutely nothing this half term. Nothing. Not even cleared up on the topics I dont know. I feel this impending sense of doom and it feels horrible because I was so determined to study for these 3 weeks and I wasted every day of it. I cant even make excuses right now because its not going to change anything. I dont even know what this forum is for but im just severely stressed and Im going to disappoint every teacher that believed in me.
What subjects are your exams for?
Original post by shelleydrowning
I have 2 exams tomorrow alongside 4 next week. And Ive done absolutely nothing this half term. Nothing. Not even cleared up on the topics I dont know. I feel this impending sense of doom and it feels horrible because I was so determined to study for these 3 weeks and I wasted every day of it. I cant even make excuses right now because its not going to change anything. I dont even know what this forum is for but im just severely stressed and Im going to disappoint every teacher that believed in me.

My advice to you would be, focus on the topics that you're not sure of before your mock or watch yt videos
Original post by Hatekittens12345
What subjects are your exams for?

physics aqa
maths edexcel
english literature edexcel

physics aqa
maths edexcel
english literature edexcel

Ah cool, so @ateamacadrevision on ig have started doing mini summed up topics also PMT have really good notes.

With English, I've just dropped you a message, I'm more than happy to help :smile:

Hi!
To be honest, this is very relatable as I too have procrastinated with my revision too many times before.
There isn't much you can do now for the two exams tomorrow, but try to sit down, focus and spend a couple of hours revising. First, check once more what topics will be on the exams tomorrow, then target your weakest ones. Make sure you are at least aware of what is coming.
For the next week's exams, you have a few days into which you can fit some high quality revision.
1.Always make sure that you have a topic list before you revise: to avoid forgetting an important detail and to help structure your revision effectively.
2.Plan and structure: focus on you weakest topics/skills. If there are previous past papers you have made mistakes in, that's a good place to start.
3.Prioritise active revision: for subjects like maths and physics, the best way to revise is to do practice papers/practice questions (Physics and Maths Tutor is a great website for those, if you are not using it already). This way you practice both the content and the skill of answering exam questions.
4.Relax. And focus. There is no need to panic and you still can fit in very helpful revision if that revision is focused and well-structured. If you revise well in the time you have left, it will make a big difference in your exams.

You can do it, don't panic. Good luck!

Polina,
Lancaster University Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest