The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fayesophie13
is anyone doing lord of the flies or blood brothers?

I'm doing Lord of the Flies
Reply 681
Right, finished physics, that went alright, now onto this...

So, I've been away for a few days, what are the biggest rumours for Lord of the Flies and A View from the Bridge? My guess is Roger for LOTF and Marco for AVFTB.
Reply 682
A View From The Bridge: Beatrice, Eddie, Marco
Lord Of The Flies: Simon, Jack (Roger) will make me feel happy.
Guys let's forget about the ****ty exam on Monday and concentrate for Friday cos that's the worst -_-
Who here is doing AVFTB and ACC cos I haven't touched revision for lit 2 and i'mma just do character question prediction is easier
Reply 684
I think Roger from LOTF could be a really really interesting character to analyse, the change from a "slight, furtive boy who no-one knew, who kept himself to himself" to the quote about his arm being "conditioned by civilisation that knew nothing of him and was in ruin" referencing to when he was throwing stones at Henry, and this is where his savage ways come from, his morals, civilisation, being in ruin. Then to when he kills piggy, having a "sense of delirious abandonment", showing how all his morals have totally abandoned him, he is now a fully "delirious" character who cannot be controlled. I think he is the total embodiment of when Ralph says "the darkness in a mans heart", how deep down, he is truly psychopathic, his transformation from a nobody to a murderer is a huge piece of structure analysis, he can also be referenced contextually to Hitler, how he transformed from nothing.

Infact, the more I think about it, the more I hope Roger comes up!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jayzaa
I think Roger from LOTF could be a really really interesting character to analyse, the change from a "slight, furtive boy who no-one knew, who kept himself to himself" to the quote about his arm being "conditioned by civilisation that knew nothing of him and was in ruin" referencing to when he was throwing stones at Henry, and this is where his savage ways come from, his morals, civilisation, being in ruin. Then to when he kills piggy, having a "sense of delirious abandonment", showing how all his morals have totally abandoned him, he is now a fully "delirious" character who cannot be controlled. I think he is the total embodiment of when Ralph says "the darkness in a mans heart", how deep down, he is truly psychopathic, his transformation from a nobody to a murderer is a huge piece of structure analysis, he can also be referenced contextually to Hitler, how he transformed from nothing.

Infact, the more I think about it, the more I hope Roger comes up!

Lovely analysis there, however I feel Roger is more comparable to Himmler than Hitler. Simply because Himmler is lesser mentioned and apparently came up with many of Hitler's ideas...
Reply 686
Original post by Steliata
Lovely analysis there, however I feel Roger is more comparable to Himmler than Hitler. Simply because Himmler is lesser mentioned and apparently came up with many of Hitler's ideas...

That's a good point, although I doubt you would be docked marks for getting confused, it's not a history paper we're doing after all. And thank you :smile:
Original post by Jayzaa
That's a good point, although I doubt you would be docked marks for getting confused, it's not a history paper we're doing after all. And thank you :smile:

Indeed - I was pointing it out because somehow I managed to use a whole lesson discussing with my classmates about which members of Hitler's cabinet fitted whom... :holmes: And you're very welcome.
Reply 688
hey guys, what do you predict for heroes? what are the past questions on heroes like??? if it's already been mentioned please tell me what page it's on :smile:)
i really hope it's not francis to be honest
This is a really stupid question but is it blood brothers/ Silas Marner on Friday or?

I'm doing blood brothers.
Original post by oni176
A View From The Bridge: Beatrice, Eddie, Marco
Lord Of The Flies: Simon, Jack (Roger) will make me feel happy.

Thats exactly what I was thinking for predictions.

They've got to ask one of Simon or Jack and For AVFTB Eddie and Beatrice have come up but not seperately. Rodolpho and Catherine have but Marco hasn't.

Wouldn't know what to write about Marco though :/ And he's the only one who hasn't come up at all...

im doing both of those
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm doing blood brothers.

how are you revising for it? what quotes have you chosen?
Original post by sophiee_thomas
im doing both of those

how are you revising for them? any tips?
Original post by Steliata
Indeed - I was pointing it out because somehow I managed to use a whole lesson discussing with my classmates about which members of Hitler's cabinet fitted whom... :holmes: And you're very welcome.

you could compare jack to Hitler, as often roger is his companion involved in the savagery

I'm doing Blood Brothers!
Is anyone doing heroes and an inspector calls? What do you think might come up on friday's exam?
For those of you who are doing blood brothers there are some points to talk about in your exam.

- Consider the themes of wealth, social class, family and superstition.
- How each scene/ plot foretells the future of the Johnston twins
- The context of the play e.g. the 1950's and 1980's and what Liverpool was like during the time
- Refer to quotes
- The Similarities and Differences between the Johnston's and Lyons

The exam consists of a context question and an essay question, which is a total of 30 marks.
Original post by NomadPrincess
Is anyone doing heroes and an inspector calls? What do you think might come up on friday's exam?

I think that Sybil or Sheila are going to come up for An Inspector Calls :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending