The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for heroes and an inspector calls?
Hopefully Birling or shiela
Original post by muonfrisbee98
AAB predictions? I hope it's on one of the minor characters like Suzie... :smile:

Seriously? I'd cry. How would you write a 20 mark essay on her?
predictions for lord of flies and view from birgde !!
Original post by electrahearts
Seriously? I'd cry. How would you write a 20 mark essay on her?
I did a practice essay on her and scraped a 19. You just have to find really subtle features :smile:
Original post by Camward1
Hopefully Birling or shiela
Agreed.
I'm doing Lord of the flies and blood brothers and I've been told I need to know context
are both of the questions to each book/play going to be context based
what type of question will they ask for marco ? and how can they do it for beatrice?
Original post by sophiee_thomas
I'm doing Lord of the flies and blood brothers and I've been told I need to know context
are both of the questions to each book/play going to be context based

Ones character q and ones theme q most of the time. Therfore I don't think but u get better mark to add some context. I'm doing the same book wanna revise together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 749
Original post by maxterry
what type of question will they ask for marco ? and how can they do it for beatrice?

They might just say "How is the caharacter Marco/Beatrice important to the novel as a whole".
You don't have to reffer it to context for AVFTB anyway
I loved the book exam last year, especially the Of Mice and Men part. Is that book not used anymore? Can't see people speaking about it.

I would love to do the Of Mice and Men part again! Good luck everyone. I think most people from my school (including me) found the second exam a lot easier, so I hope that is sort of relieving haha
Reply 751
I'm doing Paddy Clarke!
And i have no idea about what question will come up. My teachers gave me a list of questions that were mainly theme based (i guess this makes sense since the book is only through Paddy's eyes.
Original post by rdj24
any predictions for Inspector calls and Paddy Clarke essay questions? from the looks of it absolutely no one is doing paddy Clarke here?
Does anyone here do Heroes and Inspector Calls ?
is anyone doing othello and never let me go??
I really hope that shiela comes up because I've already got an essay prepared for her and she hasn't come up before.
Original post by Mystic mauve
I really hope that shiela comes up because I've already got an essay prepared for her and she hasn't come up before.
Same here :smile:
Original post by Asad_2015
Ones character q and ones theme q most of the time. Therfore I don't think but u get better mark to add some context. I'm doing the same book wanna revise together

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay thanks! im double checking with my teacher now so will let you know what she says as well. yeah sure what do you think will come up for each character and theme essay? also i've been told they are bringing back empathy questions so i really hope they don't come up?
oh okay thanks! im double checking with my teacher now so will let you know what she says as well. yeah sure what do you think will come up for each character and theme essay? also i've been told they are bringing back empathy questions so i really hope they don't come up?

what are they?
Original post by 10studentlife
what are they?

It's where you have to pretend to be the character and reflect on what happened in the book ! It sounds easy but it's really difficult to get high marks on It
It's where you have to pretend to be the character and reflect on what happened in the book ! It sounds easy but it's really difficult to get high marks on It

That sounds horrible, the themes in about a boy arent rubbish and are barely any quotes so if there is an empathy question I will cry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending